Don't Kill Snails with Salt 4

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 860 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Mar 2012 00:22:22 GMT
Well you can Blame Amazon for this - they let me do it I hope to see all the nice peeps I have met on Don't Kill Snails with Salt 3
Blessings on Amazon and all who join in

Posted on 24 Mar 2012 00:30:40 GMT
DKSWS 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! here!!!!!! WOOHOO party party party! POP FIZZZZZZZZZZZZ Butterbeer for everysnail!!!!!!

Posted on 24 Mar 2012 00:33:37 GMT
I have now bookmarked this page. Watching 'Page Eight'. Brilliance as always. Nighy, Gambon.

Posted on 24 Mar 2012 11:12:34 GMT
P. Cobb says:
Good morning all - hope there are no post-party hangovers!

Well, feels like the dawn of a new era, but guess it's no different to yesterday really, other than the sensation of the sword of Damacles hanging over our heads has been removed.

Hope all the old 'uns manage to find their way here. Here's to the next 5 years?

Greetings to all.

Posted on 24 Mar 2012 13:01:20 GMT
I like that phrase - when we were discussing Sheridan's "the Rivals" I chose to BE Mrs Malaprop in thediscussion and it was appropriate for my age - at College - I was a makebelieve Nan to so many - I turned the Seminar into an uproar by referring to the
Sword of Pericles, and the Ten Demandments - Ah - them was the days 'aer kid!!
I "played" it as Irene Handl - "tha's what I said Babsie - he was living off immobile earnings"

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Mar 2012 13:14:50 GMT
wayhey! here we are again! Amazon loves us once more. I truly am grateful to Amazon.
Hoist a jar of McGonagall's Best and 'Huzzah!' Happy Birthday Jedi Lil!
New DVD box sets of HP series entire coming up. So many new fans growing into the series. we had it from early. I remember the anticipation when GoF was just being released. In hardcover! Hubby was off work, drove to Barnes and Noble for midnight release and brought it to work for me. I didn't ask him to, I had my copy on order from here. UK Amazon. :) Tha's when I truly saw the difference in versions. "Keep our spirits up" indeed. *giggle*

Long live Harry Potter! Long live the Snails!

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Mar 2012 13:48:30 GMT
this is fun! Glad we're here!

Posted on 24 Mar 2012 13:54:36 GMT
P. Cobb says:
Long live the die-hards!

Does the chocolate fountain need topping up?

Watch out for the filibuster fireworks.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Mar 2012 14:52:35 GMT
*ducks* Weasley's Better Firebombs cannot be shipped via post. If you use post owl, it requires extra hazard pay.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Mar 2012 16:05:07 GMT
Yippee!!!! a new snails thread
\\@.................. Long live the Snails

More chocolate anyone... :)

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Mar 2012 15:08:37 BDT
Mary-Ann! Wayhey!

we have astonishing March weather here. it's been up and over 28C, now it's averaging high teens to mid 20's. the lawn needs mowing, my lilacs are budding. this is typical mid to late April weather. i fear for the farmers. the south is getting earlier tornadoes. this is a very early spring. i'm kinda wondering what the summer will bring.

I have some lovely choccies here-Dementor-free zone!

Posted on 25 Mar 2012 20:24:58 BDT
P. Cobb says:
High temps here, too, Grach. We have threats of garden hosepipe bans already.

Summer? Doubtless that will be a waterlogged washout.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Mar 2012 01:59:05 BDT
We haven't quite started watering bans. we have had a few grass fires though. it's dry dead fields, and April showers haven't started yet. hehehehehe.
it's a bit lonely now Hannah's gone back to uni. She finished her spring break. Eric's at his dad's for another week. so very quiet. watching 'Case Histories'. Lucius Malfoy's a detective. *grin*
everyone have a lovely Monday!

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Mar 2012 23:46:13 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Mar 2012 23:46:40 BDT
I thought Lucius made a super detective... but then he wasn`t sporting the long blond hair that the Dark Lady was so fond of ...lol
Really dry & warm here too, but a bit of a blessing as the ponies are still keeping their waistlines where the grass isn`t growing too much!!

Just got back from another funeral in Essex... David`s ex work partner when they owned the paint sprayshop ... only 59, but he had lung & throat cancer... a lifetime smoker

You really must try & convert your mum to the electronic ciggies, PC if she really can`t give up

Brought my niece back with us to stay for the week ... looks like being super weather for her stay

TTFN

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Mar 2012 01:11:22 BDT
well, we were back down to -2C again this morning. I think my lilacs have had it. they were budding out...dadumdadum.

we have a couple friends who use the electronic-steam powered ciggies. nicotine-no fumes. still feels like smoking with no tar.

hope the visit goes well! svelte ponies too. :)

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Mar 2012 00:12:26 BDT
well we've had sun and clouds. temps closer to normal. errrr average. i hope all is well with everysnail.
Eric is in a school play this weekend=he's a gym coach in 'The High-schooler's guide to the Galaxy'. all about freshies starting their high school careers. Eric is the R. Lee Ermey of P.E. teachers. hehehehe.

just started rereading HP&OOP. yay! I hate Umbridge. a lot. grrrrrrr. I do so like the Amazon UK version I have-it's smaller and uses the entire page. take care of allsnails!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Mar 2012 14:31:26 BDT
sunny and brisk today. Randy has a doctor's appointment in Appleton today. He's seeing the endocrinologist for diabetes maintenance. They cannot get his blood sugar controlled. He does the cooking [:)] so controls his diet, checks his sugar, does his shots. it's frustrating.
glad to have a day off, laundry calling. hehehe.
gonna pick up season 7 of Midsomer Murders from the library. woohoo! big weekend for me. :)
HP&OOP and Inspector Barnaby.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Mar 2012 17:23:17 BDT
Thanks for the Birthday wishes Granny :)

Good weather up here too although i have a feeling April won't be so good.

Lemon Mederia cake anyone?

Hi M-A *waves*

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Apr 2012 14:30:37 BDT
Wayhey Jedi Lilly! why yes, I'd love a bit of lemon mederia. mmmmm. "Fanksh"

gloomy and cloudy today. Happy Birthday to the Weasley twins!

hello everysnail! Dobby and the House Elves are making treats!

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Apr 2012 17:59:41 BDT
Watch out for the low flying Dr Filibuster Fireworks Ganny

blue sky and some cloud here but it's getting cold. There was talk of snow this week but i'm not sure if they're joking or not.

Posted on 1 Apr 2012 23:53:59 BDT
Hey Lil ... waves... hope the birthday went well ... & yours Grach.... Didn`t see any Weasley fireworks around this pm, although I had a bonfire in anticipation... gotta do something to keep warm the temperatures gone down by about 15 degrees!!... definitely feels cold enough to snow!

Posted on 2 Apr 2012 00:17:21 BDT
P. Cobb says:
And going lower, LMA! Paper yesterday reckons some areas will drop to -9, c/o winds blowing in from the Arctic. Ridiculous change from shirt sleeve and T shirt weather. Enough to freeze the nee-nees off the Easter bunny!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2012 13:29:52 BDT
i know it's rediculous :(

glorious weather last week and typically this week when the children are on holiday it rains! Oh well eldest off to cinima with her best friend so hopefully it will be a quiet afternoon

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2012 13:31:22 BDT
Silly question time
Has anyone else downloaded the Harry Potter books from Pottermore? And if so did you have any problems with the site and do you notice any difference in the books?

I only ask as there is quite a lot of chatter about this on the US amazon site but i have seen none on here.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2012 14:02:38 BDT
I`ve just suggested to one US site that the kindle copies may be taken from the UK books, Lil. I think the wording is very slightly different in some places, though to be honest I wouldn`t notice, but some of them seem to scrutinize the wording down to the last letter.
Haven`t got a kindle so haven`t downloaded any stories at all... :)

At least it`ll stop your Easter bunny`s "knees" melting, PC ... :) ..... Hope all is going well with your mum
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 35 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  860
Initial post:  24 Mar 2012
Latest post:  1 day ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) by J.K. Illustrations by Mary GrandPre. Rowling (Hardcover - 2007)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (1,126)