Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 March 2014
This book has got me through what has been a nightmare with my son and his drug addiction.
It explains just about everything and you feel as though you are not alone in this horror.
The main thing for me was the advice given, not from txt books but from first hand experience
which cannot be learned by theory.
The book gives valuable advice of how to manage the problem and how to handle things
without enabling your children or making it worse by what you do as a parent with love.
I constantly refer to this book most days.
I want to sincerely thank the author for sharing this.
on 5 April 2013
this book absolutely brought home to me that i am not the only person out there that is struggling with a young adult who is an addict. the advice contained in the book was invaluable
on 9 March 2014
Helpful book. This guy really gets what it's like to have a challenging kid (way beyond the norm of a typical teen) and helps provide an alternative perspective.
on 28 September 2013
Excellent read, very informative, and just what i needed at this time. Recommend this to anyone experiencing problems with their children.
on 6 July 2014
Brill book. I purchased this after loaning a copy from my support group. It's a real eye opener.
on 30 October 2014
Every parent should read it!
on 22 May 2016
ok
on 16 January 2015
Excellent book
on 19 October 2015
This is the first time I have ever felt the need to review a book. But I simply must do so this time - this is undoubtedly an excellent book full of very helpful advice, but, I have some serious reservations. If you are a Bible Believing Christian my advice would be (especially after reading Chapter 9) - DON'T BUY IT! Anne Graham Lotz (daughter of famous evangelist Billy Graham) answers the question of why the USA is plagued by so much drug/alcohol abuse, gun crime, broken homes, gang crime - I could go on - the answer is that the nation as a whole has turned its back on God. It began with the removal of the 10 Commandments from so many public places - the worst offence being from schools - how then can young people learn the values that built and sustained the early nation? It's one thing for children to swear allegiance to the flag every school morning - but what of praying allegiance to the God who created them? "In God we trust" is still on the dollar bill - but I ask, do we really put our trust in Him, or in what we perceive as our (God given!!) right to serve/please ourselves? For example, with the high numbers of legal abortions (murders) and the preference for 'New Age' 'self enlightenment' that seem to be the 'mantra'' these days how can anyone be so surprised if God lifts off His hand of blessing which sustained the nation in its early days.
My other criticism is that Mr Rubin claims that his is the only book written for parents - NO IT'S NOT!
A quick scan through the Amazon list of books proves that!
All I can advise anyone thinking of buying this book is to check it out - if you believe in the power of self - go ahead.
If, on the other hand you believe in the healing, saving power of the Lord Jesus then just read Chapter 9 with caution - I can assure you that it is referring to the kundalini spirit which is satanic in origin. Nothing wrong with meditation as long as you meditate on the Word of God!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!