- Wine vintage is subject to change, though Amazon.co.uk endeavours to keep its vintage information as up to date as possible.
- Tell Us What You Think About This Wine Tried this wine and want to share your opinions on it? Why not post a review below to help other customers make an informed buying choice. Find out more about posting a customer review.
- Visit the Wine Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have purchased and rated our most popular wines.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £4.95 UK delivery
+ £5.59 UK delivery
+ £5.95 UK delivery
Dom Perignon Vintage Champagne 2006 75 cl (Gift Box)
|Price:||£101.39 (£101.39 / 75 cl) & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£13.61 (12%)|
- Floral softness to the gritty minerality that typically charactrises Dom Perignon champagnes.
- Expressions of candied fruit, plant life and exquisite leaf freshness. Plunges into darkness, spices and liquorice root.
- This wine has a physical presence. It is striking and demanding, tactile and vibrant rather than aromatic. It is built on rhythm and rupture more than harmony. After an initial cloud of softness, we hit a mineralised verticality that gradually opens out to suggest a bitter, iodised and saline nobility.
- Key Taste Descriptors: Citrus, Apple, Biscuity
- Food Pairing Suggestions: Chilli & Spicy Foods, Oily Fish, Shellfish
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this site. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
After a particularly cold, dry and severe winter, the spring frosts of 7 to 11 April left a lasting mark in Champagne. Summer was immediately scorching, the hottest for 53 years. Anything that had miraculously escaped the frost and hail was subjected to intense heat until harvest. The crop was perfectly ripe and healthy, like those of 1947, 1959 and 1976. The bouquet spirals through sweet, bright floral notes and the lively minerality so typical of Dom Pérignon, then notes of candied fruit, plants, the incredible freshness of camphor leaf and finally the dark hints of spices and liquorice root. The wine is currently still physical. It is compelling, tactile and vibrant rather than aromatic. The rhythm and tempo are more dominant than the melody. At first mild and delicate, then strongly, confidently mineral, persistent, precise, with a refined bitterness, and an iodine, saline tang.
From the Manufacturer
CREATING THE "BEST WINE IN THE WORLD"
One must have a visionary spirit and an exceptional sense of daring to embody true ambition. This is the gift of Dom Pierre Pérignon.
In 1668, the young monk Pierre Pérignon takes office as the cellarer and procurator of the Benedictine abbey of Hautvillers on the northern slopes of the Marne, in the heart of Champagne.
Under his watch, the abbey prospers, especially its vineyards.
Until his death in 1715, he makes no exception to his ambitions for perfection, to create “the best wine in the world” as said in his own words on September 29, 1694. Dom Pierre Pérignon invents, perfects, and passes on the enhanced techniques to create a wine whose reputation is second to none.
Dom Pérignon is Vintage only.
Each Vintage wine is created from the best grapes grown in one single year.
To reinvent itself by interpreting the unique character of the seasons.
To dare not to release the Vintage when the harvest does not meet its ideal.
Such is the commitment of Dom Pérignon.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I was a little worried it would break in the post but it arrived in pristine condition.
It was dope
Most Recent Customer Reviews
One was disappointed with Dom Perignon. For an expensive Champagne, I didn't consider it worthy of the expense. I should imagine the brand lives off its James Bond connections. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Medic
Very disappointed with the flavour especially considering how much it cost. Would not buy againPublished 8 months ago by Jonathan Dean
Got asa gift so no idea what it tases like , but good price and nicely packaged.Published 10 months ago by DaveTee