Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 April 2014
Excellent... Written in an uncomplicated manner, great prep to write a literature review. Completely recommend to buy this book before you write a dissertation
on 10 July 2014
I teach literature reviewing to students and bought this book to see whether it was worth recommending to undergraduate students. Postgrads might prefer something with a little more detail / complexity. I think it's a very readable, concise, and accessible introduction to undertaking a literature review in the field of healthcare and will be perfect reading for undergrads who are about to undertake their first literature review.
on 5 March 2014
Excellent, clear guide with relevant examples. The chapters take you through the process stage by stage and offer useful checklists at the end of each chapter. It is more focused towards searches via the internet and university libraries online than other literature review books I have read, which has been very useful.
on 8 July 2014
Bought this as had to do an undergraduate literature review for the first time. The book is well laid out and written in straight forward language and definitely helped me to structure my work.
on 25 April 2014
Used this as prep reading for my dissertation it helped shaped my thoughts and used it by my side to help structure it when writing it
on 3 April 2014
This was recommended to me by my supervisor at university. I decided to buy it as I thought it would be easier than checking it out of the library! It has already helped me greatly with writing my project proposal, and will undoubtedly help me with writing my dissertation next year!
Well laid out and in easy-to-read sections- would definitely recommend to others.
on 31 July 2015
This book was a recommend text for my BSc (Hons) degree, and helped me get a First for it with a mark of 85%.

I can't recommend this book highly enough. Only slight criticism is I found is, the how to write the discussion section a little week. It breaks the discussion down into seperate sections which is great, but it could do with a little more help in the later parts on what to write in it.

All in all outstanding.
on 3 November 2014
Used this book to help with me with my Nursing degree dissertation.

Most helpful textbook I've used in a long time!
So easy to read. The language used is perfect for someone like me who has never written a literature review or analysed research.

Takes you step by step through the process.

Definitely get this!
on 5 March 2015
Recommend this book for anyone studying and doing academic work. It is an easy read and very easy to understand. It has helped me write my dissertation and I am continuing to work my way through it. It will be a good book for to refer back to even when I have finished studying. Good for people who are new to doing literature reviews.
on 17 May 2015
I'm a 3rd year student midwife undertaking my dissertation and this book has been an invaluable source.

Really recommend it for those who know little about research (like me!) as it's really expanded my knowledge and has so many sections you can dip in and out of as required.