Other Sellers on Amazon
Dogfights - The Complete Season Two [DVD]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Seventeen of the world’s most daring aerial combat battles, viewed from the pilot’s chair. High above the ground, at speeds reaching thousands of miles per hour, fighter aircraft face off in some of the most intense battles in the history of warfare. HISTORY™ brings these battles to life in Dogfights - The Complete Season Two, a riveting documentary series narrated by the aces themselves. Each episode describes the technology and history of classic aircraft and briefs viewers on the enemy, before dramatising aerial combat from the pilot’s point of view through state-of-the-art CGI. From Fokker tri-planes and SE5s duelling over Belgium in World War I, to the American F-15s that fought in Operation Desert Storm, Dogfights is the closest thing to having actually fought these battles.
• The world’s most daring Dogfights narrated by the pilots who lived them are on six jam-packed DVDs.
• Each episode is 40% CGI with views from the pilot’s chair, narrated by the flying aces that flew in the real dogfights.
• Viewers will meet the pilots, learn about the technology and history of the classic aircraft and be briefed on the enemy before viewing the life and death combat from an aerial view.
• Includes previously unseen bonus features.
1. Kamikaze - It was a weapon conceived in desperation yet horrifying in its destructive power--young Japanese pilots willing to turn themselves into human bombs to attack the US fleet in the Pacific.
2. Jet vs Jet - In the skies above North Korea, a new kind of air war is raging at 500mph...jet vs. jet dogfighting for the first time in history.
3. Thunderbolt - Machine gun fire rips through the fuselage. Flames fill the cockpit and the aircraft plummets in a wild spin. But time and again the pilot of a P-47 Thunderbolt pulls out and keeps on fighting.
4. Gun Kills of Vietnam - The missile age has dawned over the skies of Vietnam and the era of conventional dogfighting is thought to be over. However, the missiles of the F-4 Phantom proved ineffective during close-in turning fights with agile MiG fighters.
5. Desert Aces - The Israeli air force mastered the use of the Mirage III over decades of intense air combat with its neighbours.
6. The First Dogfighters - World War I saw the birth of a new type of combat: the dogfight. Aces from almost every nation take canvas and wire bi-planes into battle and pioneer new tactics.
7. Luftwaffe's Deadliest Mission - The chronicles of the German Luftwaffe's Zondercommando Elbe.
8. No Room For Error - It's where a pilot can ill afford to make a mistake...but where dogfights are so often drawn. Down to the deck, at treetop level, where the margin for error is zero. Witness first hand the grim and grisly reality of low-level dogfighting.
9. Night Fighters - In pitch-black skies, brave pilots put their lives on the line in an effort to gain the ultimate advantage...the ability to attack, kill, and withdraw without ever being detected. It's a risky mission that depends heavily on technology.
10. The Bloodiest Day - In addition to great "turn and burn" battles, the dogfights involve some remarkable electronic warfare as F4 Phantoms, F-105s, and numerous other aircraft as they descend on North Vietnam.
11. P-51 Mustang - In the aerial battleground of World War II, the P-51 Mustang proved itself to be the most famous war bird in history. Take a look at three of its most memorable battles.
12. Dogfights of Desert Storm - A generational leap in technology and strategy is put to the ultimate test over enemy airspace in Iraq. The air combat of the future begins with America's first large scale air offensive since the Vietnam War.
13. Tuskegee Airmen - African-American pilots of the 332nd distinguished themselves as one of the most successful fighter groups of the war, despite the bigotry and prejudice they faced from their own countrymen.
14. MiG Killers of the Midway - At the end of the Vietnam war the USS Midway's pilots and airmen engaged in some of the most thrilling and intense air combat.
15. Supersonic - In the fighter pilot business, they say "speed is life." From the era of piston-driven, prop planes like the F4U Corsair to high-performance jets like the F-86 Sabre and the F4 Phantom...the pursuit of greater speed has defined the development of aircraft.
16. Dead of the Luftwaffe - Operation Bodenplatte was a daring plan to destroy American forward air bases all over Holland, Belgium, and the Netherlands during World War ll.
17. Secret Weapons - This episode features secret weapons of World War II, including Japanese kaiten suicide submarines, German Me 163 Komet rocket powered fighter planes, and the American remote controlled airplanes of Operation Aphrodite.
18. Dogfights of the Future - Follow the fifth generation aircraft in a hypothetical combat featuring F-22 Raptors, F-35 Lightning II and the seldom mentioned B-1R bomb truck. Military experts discuss the conflict aided by computer animation
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
These are a superb collection great for plane geeks like me, but it would have been nice to see some British and German aces as well.
- the single-sided perspective - Allied/American/Israelian pilots are almost ALWAYS on the "winning" side. There sure were great German, Japanese, Vietnamese (etc.) pilots worth at least mentioning if not portraying.
- the age of the series shows through here and there. So the canopy or windows-sections are a bit "off" in some models (i.e. canopies on some F-4s and Mirages, the front windows of B-17s are too high...)
- a few inaccuracies, like when after a pilot shot all his missiles, sometimes they "mysteriously" reappear on the aircraft seconds later...
Anyhow and despite the above points, the series is informative and fun watching.
The Bonus features are so and so, you get some information on some of the planes.
I recomend this dvd to anyone interested in planes, action and history.
I wish History channel still made shows about history,sadly history channel is growing dumber and dumber.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A set of DVDs which is constantly being enjoyed. Good quality pictures and nicely and appropriately packaged. An enjoyed gift.Published 22 months ago by M J Hall
This is a great set for lovers of military aviation. The graphics are superb and the commentaries lively. Read morePublished on 26 Jun. 2013 by Firefox