Does it work with surface 2?
asked by Suzanne J. on 10 April 2014
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
I can't answer for the surface 2 specifically, but it provides a standard secure wifi hotspot when fitted with a 3G sim card with suitable data package, plugged in to any suitable USB power supply and obviously within range of the 3G data transmission. I hope that helps.
Richard 53 answered on 10 April 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
no, not compatable with my tablet.
Neil W. answered on 10 April 2014

A
It doesn't work with Surface RT. NOT.
Outraged scholar answered on 10 April 2014

A
I bought it to use with the original Surface RT and it works perfectly. The great thing about it is that it is basically a modem/router powered from a USB slot so you can plug it into any available USB on any nearby device, keeping the USB slot on your Surface 2 free for other uses. Of course, you need to buy a SIM with a data plan.
Colin J. answered on 10 April 2014

A
hi suzanne. It's a router and should be independent of the computer software. You don;t have to plug it into the computer usb port, just plug it into a standard usb charger power supply and you have a stand alone router. Connect to it like you would connect to any wifi signal anywhere. SO I guess the answer is yes, it should work with a Surface device. I don;t know of any reason why it wouldn't.
ank answered on 10 April 2014

A
it works with any modern device that has wifi. It only draws power from its host, and so the host does not need any drivers. if you want, you can plug the e355 into a usb plug charger, and the phone/tablet/surface will connect to it as though it is a wifi access point (which it is). my surface (8.1RT) is quite happy with it. hope this helps.
Ian Evans answered on 10 April 2014

A
It only uses the device as a power supply so I can't see why it shouldn't . It's important not to try to download anything on to the device as that isn't permitted and not required. I have used it on a number of devices including my surface RT and at least 3 laptops to be able to net my iPhone, laptop, surface and blackberry with no problems. It even works with secure comms. In effect it's just a mobile modem for up to 5 devices. McUser
MacMadder answered on 10 April 2014
‹ Previous   1   Next ›