Does a purchase from here give the "Explosive mission pack"?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Jan 2011 00:22:16 GMT
Does a purchase from here give the "Explosive mission pack"? On the official deus ex website (http://www.deusex.com/preorder) it says so, but on all the other websites it says you only get the "Explosive mission pack" when you order from GameStop

Posted on 4 Jan 2011 17:38:10 GMT
Val says:
The Augmented Edition should include content from both pre-order packs ;)

Posted on 13 Jan 2011 10:20:41 GMT
P. McCauley says:
the Aug version gives it here, but other sites like @play.com give bonus features in the normal version.

Basically, it was say in the description of the items if it comes with the extra content.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jan 2011 18:11:59 GMT
are you sure? do you have any sources?

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jan 2011 21:00:21 GMT
P. Taylor says:
If you click on the image under the main box cover image it has a shot that shows what it includes, looks like both pre-order packs :) Nice...

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jan 2011 03:09:50 GMT
Oh I sure hope to God this is the case!

Posted on 21 Jun 2011 12:45:26 BDT
Is it me or is that picture showing everything you got with the augmented edition gone? It doesn't seem to show on the page! Do we still get all the bonuses!?

Posted on 26 Jun 2011 21:59:11 BDT
Without the extras the augmented edition kind of drops in value anyone had any official response from amazon

Posted on 3 Jul 2011 09:54:41 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Jul 2011 09:56:10 BDT
Jen says:
the augmented edition will include the
-the game
-making of
-sound track
-artbook
-explosive mission pack

i asked amazon a week ago if it included both pre order dlc, and i got an email:
We would like to advise that your query regarding whether "Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition (PC DVD)", contains both Explosive Mission Pack and Tactical Enhancement Pack, is still being investigated.

Please accept our apologies for this delay. Although we endeavour to complete our research within 1 to 2 business days, sometimes it may take slightly longer. Please be assured that we shall contact you shortly with further information.

-Edit- they just updated the product description so problem solved.

Posted on 4 Jul 2011 14:34:28 BDT
Last edited by the author on 4 Jul 2011 14:39:26 BDT
Yeah it seems updated now for the augmented ed, but with more things than above:

Box Contains
Additional in-game content:

Exclusive mission
Multi-shot grenade launcher
Double-barrel shotgun
Silenced sniper rifle
Remote-detonated explosive device
Automatic unlocking device
10,000 extra credits to buy or upgrade weapons

Exclusive bonus DVD featuring:

44-minute making of
Game soundtrack
Motion comic, adapted from DC's official comic series
E3 trailer and animated storyline

40-page art book

Seems like the whole thing, If this is true I'll pre-order from here, as that's everything I want :)

edit:

Exact same things as stated on GAME

http://www.game.co.uk//PC-Games-and-Downloads/Shooter/First-Person/~r352990/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Special-Edition/

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition Includes:

Bonus Mission
In-Game Automatic Unlocking Device
In-Game M-28 Utility Remote-Detonated Explosive Device (UR-DED)
In-Game Linebacker G-87 Multiple Shot Grenade Launcher
In-Game 10,000 Extra Credits to Buy or Upgrade Weapons
In-Game Huntsman Silverback Double-Barrel Shotgun
In-Game SERSR Longsword Whisperhead Silenced Sniper Rifle
"Making Of" DVD
Game Soundtrack
Motion-Comic
40-Page Art Book

---

May as well buy it from GAME, at least they haven't screwed up with their pre-order incentives like Amazon, are we even guarenteed these extra things?

Posted on 11 Jul 2011 20:50:38 BDT
YamatoZ says:
they sent me this email today

First of all please accept my sincere apology for inconvenience caused due to delay in order to your query.

Further to your e-mail on June 25, 2011, I am contacting you again to let you know that the product group has contacted us by informing the following:

Additional in-game content:

* Exclusive mission

* Multi-shot grenade launcher

* Double-barrel shotgun

* Silenced sniper rifle

* Remote-detonated explosive device

* Automatic unlocking device

* 10,000 extra credits to buy or upgrade weapons

Exclusive bonus DVD featuring:

* 44-minute making of

* Game soundtrack

* Motion comic, adapted from DC's official comic series

* E3 trailer and animated storyline

* 40-page art book

Please note that the pack does not contains Tactical enhancement pack.

You may have already received an automatic notification, but I wanted to personally update you. I hope that this is welcome news and I'd like to thank you for your custom.

We look forward to seeing you again soon at Amazon.co.uk.

Please note that the pack does not contains Tactical enhancement pack.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????
uh now im confused, it shows that it does include the tactical enhancement pack with the explosive mission pack. lol

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2011 22:45:49 BDT
Weird. I'm not sure where to buy it from! I'm thinking GAME. Amazon have screwed up with this far too much for my liking.

Posted on 27 Jul 2011 15:56:37 BDT
B. Turner says:
Now I'm completely and utterly confused.

The product descriptions all basically say the same, except:
Augmented Edition - 10k Extra Credits
Collector's Edition - "Collectible Adam Jenson figurine" & "Exclusive box-design (numbered)"
Limited Edition - "An entirely new extra mission" (and bugger all else that the other's don't have) where the others have "Exclusive mission" (WTF is the difference?)

So it seems the Limited Edition is pointless, the collector's one is god knows how much more just for the figurine and box art (loffle) and the Augemented ya get everything else, but 10k extra credits?

I can't see any other differences, and frankly atm my brain is baffled by all the different versions that mostly look the same, as well as the different bonuses in other shops too (game says the Comic is exclusive pre-order bonus!!11). /sigh, can someone please confirm what we're getting in each, and what the ACTUAL differences are? Because this is silly and it really pisses me off when places don't correctly tell you what you're buying.

Posted on 29 Jul 2011 23:59:48 BDT
D. Barnatt says:
I just came to look when its out and everything and noticed there are 3 versions of this and I'm a bit confused too, seems very silly and I noticed something about a new extra mission and weapon, hate how they have all these extra content these days, noticed quite alot of games offering extra downloadable content just days after the games been released, looks like with this they aren't even waiting and have it ready all ready, if its part of the game and something they've been making with it they should release it with the game, fair enough if its something a few months after that they've been working on, especially multiplayer with extra levels, but not to be making it along side the game then save it back and cut it out the game to release moments after to get extra money.

Anyway rant over :p

The collectors edition seems your paying all the money for the figure, which are the best out of the augmented and limited edition? seems like the limited comes with what the augmented has plus extras?

Does anyone know what all these credits to buy extra weapons and things are? Does it mean they are going to charge us real money to buy and download weapons to use in game? If thats the case it doesn't seem like the new deus ex is going down a very good path at all...

Posted on 30 Jul 2011 00:22:50 BDT
From what I've been able to gather, the Augmented edition is the best to go for as it includes a hell of a lot of things the others don't even state. GAME have only recently updated theirs with the comic added, as last time I looked it was not on it. I'd reccomend the Augmented edition, that's what I'm going for as you get a lot of in-game items and compared to the others including the price it is the best offer by far!

The 'credits' are in-game currency. It is used to buy items, upgrades, weapons, etc. No doubt in the future they will release weapon packs or something along those lines, so yeah, they'll charge you real money ;) Most game dev companies are doing this now, seems to be the norm for this generation of gaming.

Posted on 3 Aug 2011 19:50:58 BDT
What the hell, now it says the Augmented Edition is unavailable!?! What is going on here!!

Posted on 27 Aug 2011 21:02:15 BDT
B. Turner says:
Just got my box today. Happy to say the info was correct! (And I saved £19 with the pre-order guarantee) :)

Have only installed and not played it yet, but on the back of the box we have:

"Tong's Rescue Mission"
44 min Making of Bonus DVD, with Motion Comic, Trailers, Storyboard and Soundtrack.
40 Page Art book (Just pure art, some concept)
10k Extra Credits
Huntsman Double-Barrelled Shotgun
Longsword Silenced Sniper Rifle
Linebacker Grenade Launcher
Automatic unlocking Device
Remote Detonated Explosive.

Upon registering the DLC code in Steam after installation, this translates to:
"Pre-Order Pack 1: Explosive Mission Pack"
"Pre-Order Pack 2: Tactical Enhancement Pack"

Therefore thats everything isn't it? As in ALL the bonus DLC of which only parts were offered at other stores and editions? Happy it all looks correct anyways. Going to get playing it soon. Came in a lovely box too, and at a fantastic price. I think the only thing you get in the other editions would be the silly tiny figurine and slightly different box, but lose out on everything else. Thanks Amazon! :)

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Aug 2011 00:19:07 BDT
thanks a lot thats indeed reassuring :) i am still waiting for my package to be shipped home, so that's some good news to help me wait :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  4 Jan 2011
Latest post:  28 Aug 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition (PC DVD)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition (PC DVD) by Square Enix (Windows Vista / XP)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (13)