Does anyone know the book title?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 May 2008 17:20:22 BDT
D. Mason says:
As an avid Tenko fan I believe the series based was on the real life experiences of a nurse who was in Singapore when it fell. I understand that the lady concerned wrote a book from which the series was adapted. Does anyone know the title of the book.
Thanks

Posted on 27 Feb 2009 10:56:35 GMT
Paddy says:
Take a look at "Women Beyond the Wire" co-written by Lavinia Warner (of the TV series) not sure if this is the one you mean, but if you enjoyed Tenko, it is a really good read.

Posted on 9 Jun 2009 22:43:24 BDT
There are three books which relate the tenko story, available as paperbacks, second hand. Just look on Amazon, I'm sure you'll find them.
Wilhelm,Cape Town, South Africa

Posted on 14 Sep 2011 19:24:20 BDT
Peggy says:
where can I find region 1 DVDs!!!!!

La. USA fan of 1st airing been trying to get vhs then dvd of this series since the 90s as I missed beginning episodes.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2013 23:33:33 BDT
M. H. Ayres says:
Hi Peggy.

Your best bet is to try to get a region-free DVD player. They are available in the States, though I know nowhere near as popular as here in the UK, where they are quite common...

When I bought my recordable DVD player from Richer Sounds, it was an extra £30 [$45] to make it region-free. It can only be a tiny tweak, or they'd charge lot more for it!

Worth investigating as it'd save you a packet if you can any DVD region, and the stress of chasing for premium region 1 DVDs.

Good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2013 23:34:37 BDT
M. H. Ayres says:
In fact just had a look on amazon.com and there are some really cheap region free players here:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_6?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=region%20free%20dvd%20player&sprefix=region%2Caps%2C367

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Apr 2013 03:53:42 BDT
Peggy says:
thanks for the suggestion, as it happens I finally thought of that myself when I found them on sale for around 37 dollars. I bought the player and entire 12 disc set for about $75.00 dollars and the player works great for any and all my other DVDs also. Can't believe I waited over 20 years to figure this out!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jun 2013 14:27:53 BDT
N. Perron says:
You are right, the book is titled "Surviving Tenko", the story of Margot Turner written by Penny Starns
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  2 May 2008
Latest post:  4 Jun 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Tenko : Complete BBC Series Box Set [DVD]
Tenko : Complete BBC Series Box Set [DVD] by Ann Bell (DVD - 2005)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (99)