Does Dell honour the 3 year warranty on the U2711?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Feb 2013 20:23:34 GMT
Chris A says:
Has anyone personal experience of Dell honouring (or not) the 3-year warranty on this (or any Dell ultrasharp) monitor? I have read in several places on the Amazon site people claiming that Dell was refusing to honour such a warranty unless the monitor had been purchased directly from Dell. If so then this puts the Amazon prices in a whole new context.

Here on Amazon the U2711 is 544, whereas on Dell's own shop they are asking for 754 (inc vat and P&P). This makes Amazon's price seem like a real bargin, but if it means no proper 3 year warranty, then the matter is quite different.

Posted on 5 Feb 2013 22:15:41 GMT
Chris A says:
Having written to Amazon for clarification, I received the message below. Clearly this suggests that even if the text in the product description mentions an extended manufacturers warranty there is no such guarantee of service. I will contact Dell now to confirm this one way or another. I will post the reply from Dell here if and when I get one.

Hello,

I understand that you want to know if the item "Dell U2711 Ultrasharp 27 inch Premier colour Widescreen Monitor" was under a 3-year warranty from Dell.

All electronic items purchased from Amazon.co.uk come with a one year warranty from the manufacturer, unless otherwise stated.

We currently don't offer an extended warranty on the electronics items sold on our website. If the details on the Product Description page state that the item has a warranty greater than 12 months, then this warranty is with the manufacturer and not Amazon.co.uk. If you believe you are eligible under this warranty you'll need to contact the manufacturer directly.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 22:43:58 GMT
Chris A says:
Hi Again,

well I got a response from Dell, see below. So it seems I would get the warranty, but there is some transfer process involved...Anyone know what this entails?

Thank you for contacting the Dell Sales Helpdesk.

Yes you would be getting the 3 years warranty on the monitor if you purchase from Amazon but please ensure that you do the warranty transferred to your name and they sould be able to help you with this.

Regards,
UKI Sales.

Posted on 7 Feb 2013 23:51:02 GMT
Chris A says:
Hi,

once again I have contacted Amazon to find out if they will be able to 'transfer' the warranty as Dell mentioned. As you will see from below, Amazon's Dinesh hasn't the foggiest what this is all about, but instead has parroted 'policy' back at me. With no reply email, I cannot persue this any further with Dinesh (thankfully). Rather than write straight back to Amazon, I am going to write to Dell again to see if I can clarify what they mean, also there is some possibility that Dell puts service tages on the u2711 which means that the transfer is not required. Does anyone out there have any information on any of this?? If you know more please let me know...

Hello,

I have reviewed our previous correspondence and your account.

Please understand that the information provided in our last message correctly represents our policy at this time.

As my colleague previously mentioned, all electronic items purchased from Amazon.co.uk come with a one year warranty from the manufacturer, unless otherwise stated. We currently don't offer an extended warranty on the electronics items sold on our website.

I do understand that you have contacted the manufacturer and they confirmed it comes with a 3 year warranty. Please be informed this warranty is with the manufacturer Dell and not from us. This means that if you purchase this item from us, and is less than 3 year please contact the manufacturer and they will assist you.

I hope that this makes our policy clearer.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/survey?p=A13CLHP40BRW4X&k=hy

If no, please click here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/survey?p=A13CLHP40BRW4X&k=hn

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our website: http://www.amazon.co.uk/help

Warmest regards,

Dinesh TV.
Amazon.co.uk
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.

Posted on 30 Jul 2013 18:51:46 BDT
Mr. L.K.V. says:
So I take it Dell are bouncing the customer back to Amazon to try and avoid honouring warranty claims because they know how awkward Amazon can be with relinquishing this named warranty data.

I am really looking towards the U2412M because of price, but if it may only be a 12 month warranty with Amazon. The Asus PA248Q has a 3 year warranty listed, but I'll bet we have a similar situation as with the Dell, and if I contact Asus I'll get the same back and forth replies.

Thanks for taking the time to contact those relevant parties.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  3 Feb 2013
Latest post:  30 Jul 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dell U2711 Ultrasharp 27 inch Premier colour Widescreen Monitor
Dell U2711 Ultrasharp 27 inch Premier colour Widescreen Monitor by Dell
4.1 out of 5 stars   (71)