Customer Discussions > Creative Makers: Simple Crochet forum

Dodgy five star review?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Nov 2012 15:41:08 GMT
Funny how home-to-roost's only reviewed product on Amazon is this book which s/he raves about - and sounds exactly like the author, down to the 'vintage vibe'...

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Nov 2012 18:44:54 GMT
Last edited by the author on 25 Nov 2012 18:45:37 GMT
Hello Chinatown Blue, it's home_to_roost here, just wanted to respond to your discussion comment and confirm that, indeed, I am a real person! You're right that this is the only book I've reviewed so far on Amazon, but I'm sure it won't be the last. If my language reminded you of Sara Sinaguglia's book, maybe that's because its style (language and crochet projects) are right up my street! Hand on heart, I love this book, and wrote a genuine, heartfelt review.

Posted on 26 Nov 2012 14:17:03 GMT
I also wrote a genuine review, which drew a pointed and obviously angry response from the author, who oddly enough seems to have been online very close in time to yourself - you can, I'm sure, understand my suspicions, since even quite famous authors have been caught using false IDs on Amazon to post glowing reviews of their won work and negative ones of rivals.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  25 Nov 2012
Latest post:  26 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Creative Makers: Simple Crochet
Creative Makers: Simple Crochet by Sara Sinaguglia (Hardcover - 3 Sep 2012)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (72)