Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 Mar 2012 10:05:57 GMT
Be careful, this is simply the first half of a book you may already have purchased. I bought the entire book on 15 July 2011 and almost got suckered into buying half of it again. I think it extremely cynical to recommend a new release of half of an existing book to those who have already bought the entire book. Something very rotten here. I think this is a nice con by the author, publisher and Amazon. Dodgy behaviour.

Posted on 8 Mar 2012 18:15:37 GMT
I thought the sysnopsis sounder oddly familiar, glad someone else picked up on this. I do wish he'd stop releasing half a book ehre and there, it makes for very confused purchasing.

Posted on 8 Mar 2012 20:08:23 GMT
ellenvannin says:
I would not object to this so much had it not been trumpeted by Amazon as "George R. R. Martin's New Book"...It most plainly ain't. And who on earth needs half a digital book? It's not like the weight of those extra bytes is going to trouble you...

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Mar 2012 20:14:07 GMT
The Emperor says:
Nothing to do with the author.

The publisher is to blame and Amazon's dodgy advertising.

Posted on 8 Mar 2012 20:35:13 GMT
wtf?

not a new book, should not be advertised as a new book, mis advertising mis selling and very misleading, sort it out amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Mar 2012 22:06:25 BDT
I downloaded this and part two thinking it was a new book. Really dodgy advertising here. Am really annoyed!!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  8 Mar 2012
Latest post:  26 Mar 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
A Dance With Dragons: Part 1 Dreams and Dust (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 5)
A Dance With Dragons: Part 1 Dreams and Dust (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 5) by George R. R. Martin
4.4 out of 5 stars   (498)