Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Jan 2010 20:18:21 GMT
which episodes are on this?
does it go back to the runaway bride as well as all the recent ones?
thanks!

Posted on 8 Jan 2010 22:50:27 GMT
What? No, why would it? it's the 2009 specials, as the other specials have already been released in Box Sets of their own.

Posted on 16 Jan 2010 14:56:51 GMT
A. Johnson says:
This set includes: The Next Doctor, Planet of the Dead, The Waters of Mars, The End of Time - Part One and The End of Time - Part Two only. The Christmas Invasion, The Runaway Bride and Voyage of the Damned, can be found on the Series 2, Series 3 and Series 4 box sets respectively.

Posted on 7 Jun 2010 18:51:23 BDT
M. Horne says:
As a matter of fact I do understand why people get confused. The title says "The COMPLETE Specials"...

Posted on 23 Feb 2011 09:07:48 GMT
Lee Quinton says:
It would have been nice to actually be the Complete Specials on Blu-Ray, since I no longer purchase DVD's which look terrible on a large screen.

For Mr Mcmullan, whether or not the other specials were released on other box sets, 1. they were DVD's not Blu-Rays, Since this is BD it was a perfectly reasonable question that was asked first. 2. The word "Complete" should be looked up in the dictionary before it is used to describe a product.

I'm a huge Doctor Who fan, and have been since the early 70's, but as usual I am astounded by the BBC's inability to get with the times and start transfering to BD the recent back catalogues.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Feb 2011 14:32:19 GMT
The reason why they're not transferred to HD is because they AREN'T HD. And why would you think that they'd re-release a couple of older episodes that have no relevance to the episodes mentioned? These are exactly what is advertised - The complete specials (the name of a series that was broadcast between Series 4 and 5). It would be unreleasonable to think they'd suddenly release a box set of all thE Christmas episodes without first releasing each series by itself. And once again - the episodes are HD only starting with Planet of the Dead - so the previous series won't be on Blu Ray.

Posted on 1 Jun 2011 23:17:08 BDT
they shouldn't advertise it as the COMPLETE specials if it is not, it should have been advertised as the 2009 specials

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Oct 2013 06:13:50 BDT
Iceboy says:
Actually, just to let people know, a forthcoming Blu-ray set is coming out that includes HD transfers of "New Who" from 2005 onwards. Of course, some of these stories are not true HD, so they are merely upscaled HD editions. As Rian Mcmullan correctly states, the first true HD story was Planet of the Dead, so anything before that is not true HD. I have no idea why they are releasing upscaled Blu-ray editions of non-HD source material, but its not the first time the BBC have done it!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  4 Jan 2010
Latest post:  25 Oct 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Doctor Who - Complete Specials (The Next Doctor/ Planet of the Dead/ Waters of Mars & Winter Specials) [DVD]
Doctor Who - Complete Specials (The Next Doctor/ Planet of the Dead/ Waters of Mars & Winter Specials) [DVD] by David Tennant (DVD - 2010)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (259)