on 4 April 2013
Divine Imperfection by Amanda Clarke is an expertly written book.

Although not normally a genre that I would choose, this book was recommended to me by a friend who was so enthused by its read that I thought I would live dangerously and try something different; I was not disappointed and by Chapter 3 I was addicted.

I found it to be an extremely immersive book with twists and turns throughout. The writer has a very vivid imagination and so descriptive that I actually felt at times I was one of the characters within the book which gives you some idea of how skilfully this has been written. There are some darker sides to the story which made for a very mesmerising read; this is a book that has a compulsive hold from the beginning to the end and it is difficult to put down as each chapter keeps you in suspense and wanting to know more ............. I think this book could quite easily be made into a film and the writer was able to describe with such an artistic stance the colourful and descriptive scenes throughout the entire book.

A fantastic read, so thankful for the recommendation and I was disappointed when I came to the end. I hope this story continues as I am looking forward to the next book and can definitely endorse this one .... Well done!
on 30 March 2013
This is a brilliant book. The plot is intricate but compelling taking the reader on an interesting journey of relationships and all set against a futuristic backdrop. The main story involves the developing relationship between a brilliant scientist and a charismatic but troubled lecturer with unusual twists and surprising developments throughout. The research into some of the more complex chemical and scientific elements of the book is thorough and the style of writing is both creative and stimulating. The best advice one can give is that this book would make an incredible film with its vivid imagery and some of the scenes just evoke that idea of science fiction and how one can imagine life in the future.I thoroughly recommend this book for its uniqueness and very much look forward to the sequel after reading the twists and turns at the end of the story. A fantastical read! A great emerging author with fantastic potential!
on 19 March 2013
WOWWW!!! I found this book unputdownable - a compelling, exciting and gripping story from beginning to end.

I would highly recommend this book to readers who enjoy a fantasy philosophical thriller and to those who are open-minded enough to try this genre - I had not heard of this author before but she is an excellent storyteller with fresh and original ideas. I suspect this may be a debut novel but, if so, it is an even more remarkable read.

I loved the characterisation and interplay between the characters.

Her book is well-researched and well-written. A most enjoyable and mind expanding read. I am awaiting with much anticipation, Amanda M Clarke, for your next novel to be made available to us.
on 26 March 2013
I couldn't put this book down. Well written, it flows and you can't wait to see what is round the next corner, so many twists and turns. Not my usual genre, it was recommended to me and I am so glad I bothered to read a book that was so different from my norm. Some parts are funny, some nasty, some sexy much thought provoking, it has many layers to it, and it keeps you guessing right to the last page. I hope she writes more.
on 25 July 2013
As others have said in previous reviews, this is not a genre I often choose. I found this a riveting book, so may emotions. It takes real talent to enable a reader to feel love, hate and despair of a character. The author has an incredible imagination and obvious in depth knowledge of her subject matter. I can't wait to read more, there has to be a sequel!
on 29 April 2013
This is without doubt one of those books you simply cannot put down !

Divine Imperfection is a fascinating read. The characters are deep and well formed and the interplays throughout very believable, but the plot twists and turns and at virtually no stage could I actually guess what was coming in the next chapter !

It crosses into the territories of religion, engineering, biotech and computer science, managing to roll them all up into a hugely compelling story. Amanda has done a fantastic job researching and bringing such diverse subject together to create such a story

Well done Amanda M Clarke, a truly epic adventure !
on 8 May 2013
Loved it! Have it on my Kindle and I know I will read it several times over. Beautifully written. It is compelling, at times disturbing, and throughout highly enjoyable. I do hope the sequel comes along soon!
on 18 June 2013
This is a gendre I would not normally read but so glad I have had the opportunity to do so. A debut novel for the author, it's ground-breaking, thoughtful, highly imaginative and intelligent in it's delivery. A real page turner however, be warned, it does takes the reader through some dark moments but then so skillfully brings you out the other side thinking WOW how clever is that!I feel I have witnessed something new and different and can't wait for the next book in the series-it's part of a trilogy. I also agree with another reviewer- definitely something that would translate well to film.
on 11 February 2014
simply brilliant, well written and thoroughly engaging from the start. deeply insightful as it navigates the motivations, emotions and psyche of an all too believable protagonist; very much worth your time.
on 26 May 2013
Very unusual book. The author has a good imagination. Bit of an sudden ending. Liked the fact that it was set in Ireland as not many books are. Would recommend it to my friends