From the Back Cover
How to Write Dissertations & Project Reports
Kathleen McMillan & Jonathan Weyers
Is there a secret to successful study?
The answer is 'yes'! There are some essential skills and smart strategies that will help you to improve your results at university.
This easy-to-use guide identifies and addresses the areas where most students need help with planning and then writing dissertations and project reports, and provides straightforward, practical tips and solutions that will enable you to assess and then improve your performance.
How to write Dissertations and Project Reports provides all of the tips, tools and techniques that you need to choose, research, write and present successful dissertations and research projects, including:
- How to structure and plan your writing proposal
- How to undertake experimental work and field research
- How to read & analyse information and take notes effectively
- How to interpret, analyse and present numerical & research data
- How to improve your academic writing style
- How to cite references and avoid plagiarism
- How to review, proof-read and present your dissertation or project for maximum impact & results
Visit www.smarterstudyskills.com to access a wealth of useful information, tips, templates and interactive activities that will support your skills development.
About the Author
Kathleen McMillan and Jonathan Weyers work within the University of Dundees Learning Centre and Academic Affairs Office respectively and have each been teaching for over 25 years and now specialize in supporting academic skills across both the arts and sciences.