A familiar face from the outside world has organised the first Grid Games Tournament of Champions in TRON: Evolution PSP. Players advance and customise their character as they compete in an extensive series of action-packed game grid challenges, ranging from intense light cycle racing, to light disc combat. Players can battle and compete with up to four friends in multiple head-to-head matches and play modes. Players can also unlock exciting bonus content that is sure hit home with TRON fans.
TRON: Evolution Multiplayer Fact Sheet
- The TRON: Evolution multiplayer modes feature 10-player online competitive multiplayer with programs battling on game grids based within the franchise.
- Like the single player experience, players move through environments using free roaming, climbing and vehicles while battling with high mobility combat and discs
- The game will include four multiplayer maps each allowing four multiplayer modes.
- On the release date, two more free maps are scheduled to be available as downloadable content by using a code found in the game case.
- More maps and game content are scheduled to be available as downloadable content after release.
- Online multiplayer games can include both players and AI bots in the two maps featuring close-quarters combat. Players can choose teams that include players and AI bots or join together on one team to battle a team of AI bots in a co-op set-up.
- With persistent character progression, players can level up their character either in single-player mode or online multiplayer mode. Their character’s status will carry over to both modes. For example, a player can level up his or her character in single player mode and then take that character with advanced weapons and protection into the online multiplayer combat.
- In single-player mode, players can choose quickly to be transported into multiplayer arenas. Their single-player game is automatically saved.
- Players will have the choice of selecting among three light cycles as they progress through the game. The three light cycles have different handling and features.
- In two of the maps, all players can transform into light cycles at any time to move freely around the environments.
- The light cycles are fast, nimble vehicles that leave light trails that can derezz opponents.
- Players can also throw their disc at enemies while moving on certain light cycles
- Light cycles can turn both on arcs or on right angles
- The two vehicle maps also have tanks available.
- Tanks are available to the first player to access them.
- The tanks provide the advantage of being strong and powerful but are also slow.
- With the proper skill and strategy, players on foot and on light cycles can destroy tanks.
There will be four online multiplayer maps each suited for different styles of combat and strategy. Half are larger maps that enable players to transform into light cycles or access one of the limited tanks on the map.
The names of the maps and descriptions are:
- Defrag – This map takes place on the outskirts of the cities. This is a large map featuring vehicles
- Circuit Board – This is another large map with platforms and vehicles
- Hard Disk – This is a medium-sized map with movement on foot only and vertical architecture enabling free roaming movement and climbing
- Heat Sink – This is another medium-sized map with movement on foot only and a vertical structure
Four game modes are available for each map. The modes provide a variety of gameplay challenges for players of all skill levels.
- Disintegration – Players compete individually to derezz their opponents most. The player with the highest derezz total, having wiped out the most players, wins.
- Team Disintegration – Teams compete to derezz the other team’s players.
- Bit Runner – A central bit is available to be acquired. Teams compete to pick up the bit and stay on the grid while the other team attempts to derezz the bit runner and acquire the bit. The team with the most points holding the bit wins.
- Power Monger – Teams compete to secure capture points. Energy nodes have to be linked in order to gain points.
Each map features various pick-ups that enable players to acquire advantageous powers
- Overcharge (appearing like a DNA strand) – This pick-up enables players to refill their health and energy.
- User Mode (appearing as the TRON symbol) – This enables the player to be impervious to attacks for a limited time.
- Equalizer – This pick-up enables players to have a one-hit derezz of their opponents for a limited time.
TRON Evolution is an immersive action/adventure game that pulls the player into the unique digital world of TRON.