Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 August 2014
I'm somewhat astonished at all the one-star reviews here from people who simply didn't bother to read the product description of "eight INSTRUMENTAL tracks".

I was looking for an instrumental version, and this is it.

My only complaint is that the tracks are NOT straight instrumental versions of the original soundtrack versions - these tracks are played by a different orchestra, which is not quite as full and rich as the original versions. It's far from terrible, but it doesn't quite have the dynamism and depth of the original tracks.

Compare "Let it Go" from this CD to the "Let it Go Instrumental Karaoke" track on the Frozen Deluxe Edition, which IS the original version minus Idina Menzel and the differences are clear.

It's fine for the kids to sing with (which I suppose is the stated intention of the CD), but audiophiles and soundtrack aficionados may be disappointed.
on 3 July 2014
Fantastic item. Please ignore the negative reviews which are all misguided in rating it low because it has no vocals when that is the whole purpose of this version!
on 1 July 2014
This is exactly what is described in the information about the CD. It is a backing track for the songs with written lyrics. This is excellent for children (or adults) who want to sing with a backing track. I didn't buy it for quite a while because of the poor reviews but then, upon reading them, I realised that they were complaining that it didn't have the vocals on the backing track which I would assume means they didn't read the description. If you want the version with vocals you will probably want to but the normal version not the backing version.
on 29 November 2014
Purchased for my niece for her 7th birthday. To be honest, I only bought it because it meant I didn't waste money on a delivery fee and bought it in conjunction with the actual Frozen CD. The number of people who complain about it annoy me. WHY are you moaning people?! Read the label - it says "sing along" therefore, it is not the main Frozen CD but rather backing music.

If you actually take it for what it is - a backing track to sing along/ karaoke style then you'll love it. My nieces know the words so well so this will be perfect for when they want to pretend to play "concert".
on 19 August 2014
Read the blurb, this is a backing track only. I didn't read the blurb, oops, so have since bought the 'full' version too :) Good for what it is, full on Frozen overload now in this house!
on 5 August 2014
Excellent. I play it through the Xbox karaoke game, so the music comes out of the surround sound speakers and my daughter sings along through the microphone. Her little friend loves it too. I had no idea they knew all the words (and actions) to Let It Go! Next purchase = earplugs for me :)
on 18 October 2014
I am personally sick of listening to this songs every day but my 5 year old twins Love it! They know every song and do like going to bed listening to instrumental at bed time.
on 7 January 2015
Great Disney cd but it's only instrument background music only for singing along to not the vocal sing along cd my 8 year old loves singing to the music
on 27 September 2014
Excellent thanks! I love the film but wouldn't really sing along to this but as it was for my daughter so I am very pleased with this :-) thank you!
on 12 July 2015
Sadly this is a formulaic disney and the ones that are not formulaic are nowhere near so popular (eg 'Brother Bear' IMO had nicer backgrounds, better animation and better songs.).
Ok it has 2 girls who are princesses and a cute character ( a snowman) and some songs perfomed in a shouty manner nowhere as good as the little mermaid ones. It's done to formula we enjoy so I enjoyed it. The story is pretty good and it has a double-surprise ending.