Disney Princess Dazzling Princess Board Game
Format: ToyChange
Price:£13.59+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Format: ToyVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Colourful packaging of the `Disney Dazzling Princess Game' makes it immediately attractive, and with just a few rules the game should be underway in no time, though the `pretending' element is confusing. The rules leaflet has pictures of princesses to identify, and pictures of items and individuals linked to the princesses to give clues to identity. Cards are small and deciphering answers via the `big heart jewel' can be a bit of a `squint' - though my `'guinea-pig' youngest grand-daughters (aged 4 to 10) had no real problems. Perhaps the main drawback is the game itself is so simple that it is unlikely to gain the attention of young children for long. However the tiaras, bracelets, gems etc. are tempting playthings - especially for the youngest.

Anything based on Disney `princesses' is likely to appeal, but overall this product is only average and hence 3-star grading. Items are small enough to be easily lost and some items (tiaras) are rather flimsy, so for durability it is only 3-stars. Also for 4 players there are not sufficient gems and the rules suggest if players run out the player with most gems is the winner. As a game the fun factor is limited but because parts are `toys' this element is possibly 4-star. From an educational view it is 3-star rating at most - there is visual recognition and manipulation skill, but the most important knowledge for players is memories of Disney princess stories (grand-daughters better than granddad!). Finally the `Disney Dazzling Princess Game' seems a bit expensive for what it is - only 2-star as `value for money'.
on 21 October 2013
Format: ToyVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
If you are buying this game for a (lets be sexist) little girl who is into Disney, they wont be disappointed. The game is packaged well and looks very appealing with a peephole window to see the jewels and magic red heart.

Inside the box, as an adult, I think the contents are a little disappointing, in terms of value for near £20: there are some (little) cardboard princess cards in a box, a red plastic heart and 4 each of plastic tiara, bracelet and ring with plastic jewels (not enough to complete all 4!) However the girls we borrowed (4 and 6, Disney mad) to play test the game thought it was all wonderful.

The game play itself is very simple, involving guessing the princess from pictures or pretending to be the princess in order to win gems to complete your jewellery. You check your answers using the magic red heart and looking on the back of the cards. As a teacher I'm a bit dubious as to the educational aspect here, but there isn't anything wrong with a game being just for fun. Although the game is described as 30 minutes, we played with 3 people in 15-20 mins and this could be reduced further by just filling the tiara.

I would think that the simplicity of the game means that once shown the rules, children could play without an adult joining in, however it probably also means that after a few plays the novelty will wear off. I'm also guessing that by age 7 or 8 Disney Princesses are a bit passé so the longevity of the game is limited. Seeing as our play testers wanted to wear their jewels long after the end of the game, children might get just as much fun using all the bits in this way so perhaps in this sense they are getting lots of play value.

I think for the price, I would have liked either more stuff in the box, or a game which will hold interest for longer, but if you are buying as a gift, it does definitely have the Wow factor.
Format: ToyVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The 'Disney Dazzling Princess Game' is a kids game that designed for children from around four years old and upwards (say up to around 7 or 8).

The idea of the game is to collect enough plastic gems to fill up your tiara, bracelet and ring. In order to win the gems you each (2-4 players) take it in turns to take a card from the pack, look at the picture on the card's face and guess which one of the eleven Disney Princesses' it belongs to. For fans of the Disney films, this is a fun little test of their knowledge! Depending on how tricky each card is, the correct answer will reward more gems.

Once you've guessed, you hold the large red heart gem (located on the top of each tiara) up to the reverse side of the card, and it will reveal the answer and how many gems you won. Magic!

It's a very very simple game, that doesn't really involve much more than sitting around guessing which picture is associated to which princess. For young kids, simple games without complex rules are often the best. However, this particular game is perhaps just a bit too simplistic to hold your young ones interest for all that long. And after having the game for around a month now - it's not been something that our daughter has asked to play again very often.

Obviously the enjoyment factor depends heavily on your child's love of the Disney films. The princesses in the game are from the following eleven Disney films:

The Little Mermaid, Rapunzel, Snow White, Mulan, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Pocahontas, The Princess And The Frog, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and Brave.

Therefore if your kid(s) are particular fans of all of these films, then they're probably going to enjoy the game a heck of a lot more than any kids that haven't watched them. Indeed, if there's a few of the films that they haven't seen (and worse still if they haven't seen that many of them BUT the kids that they're playing with have seen them all) then they're likely to start getting frustrated with having to purely guess half the time! After all, its young kids we're talking about here - so if one or two are at an instant disadvantage, then it can lead to a potential tantrum or tears!

To be honest we've really not been bowled over by the game. Our daughter likes dressing up with the plastic tiara and things, but after a few games, she's not really been that interested in playing again. Maybe in a couple of years' time when that near-unavoidable Disney bug well and truly kicks in, her interest in the game may awaken...but at the moment it's not really managed to captivate her attention.
on 29 December 2013
I bought this for my 4 year old for Christmas and she was delighted with it. It's simple instructions made it easy for her to understand and with the red heart that identifies the answer she loved it, together with buidling the tiara with the jewels.
I would definately recommend this to others.
Format: ToyVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
If your child is a Disney princess fan, they will probably love opening this box and finding all manner of pink, purple and shiny things to play with. Unfortunately, the game itself is not that exciting to play, and younger children may react as my daughter did, and prefer to play with the components in her own way rather than follow the rules.

The price probably reflects the cost of licensing more than the cost of manufacture, but if your child is a fanatic for the House of Mouse's leading ladies, then the branding and the shiny things might make them feel it's good value even if you remain unconvinced.
VINE VOICEon 20 November 2013
Format: ToyVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My daughter is most definitely in the target group for this Disney Princess game. She is obsessed with Rapunzel, and quite happily swans around the house in her dressing up outfits, pretending to be a princess. I knew, therefore, that this game would be an instant hit with her.

Sadly, from an adult perspective, the game did seem to be lacking a little in terms of parts. It consists of a set of four rings, bracelets, and tiaras, and a box of 200 small cards. There is also an instructional leaflet to explain how the game works, and showing all the Disney Princesses.

The idea of the game is as follows:- Each of the small cards has a picture on it. This might be a scene from a princess film, or a character. The player needs to then say which princess it belongs to. You then use the red jewel to find out what princess is hiding on the back of the card, and how many jewels you can add to your headband for getting it correct.

The imaginative play comes into the game with the Secret Princess cards. These cards get the individual to act like a specific princess, and all the rest of the players have to guess which princess they are being. This is hysterical to watch, and surprisingly hard to do for some of the princesses! (Rapunzel is easy, you can just mess around with your ridiculously long imaginary hair, but some of the other princesses are not so easily summed up!)

If you are holding a gathering of little princesses, to celebrate a birthday, there is reference to the birthday player going next. This is the first game I've ever known to mention this!

If all else fails, then you can use the game as a kit for adding to your dressing up games. You can make patterns in your tiaras and be imaginative together instead.

My daughter loves this game immensely. She adores the idea that Mum or Dad get to play imaginary princesses alongside her. It has gone down OK with friends, but they are not as big a fans of Disney Princesses yet and struggled with some of the characters and scenes from films they knew less well. The game is still a hot piece of play equipment in our house, for now, but I have my doubts as to the longevity of it. This is because I think that after a while you have learned it all by rote from the cards anyway.

Overall, my daughter scores it a full five out of five. That is the opinion that really counts, I guess. Enjoy!
Format: ToyVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was sceptical of this as we have not had much luck with Disney princess/sparkly games in the past. My 6 year old girl was obviously thrilled when she opened it as it's very appealing with sparkly jewelry on show.

The game play is fairly simple, basically each player takes in turns to take a cards which has a clue to one of the princess movies on it in picture form. You guess the movie, then to check you are right you look on the back through a large plastic emerald that "magically reveals" the answer.

This gimmick went down well with my daughter who promptly made herself chief answer-checker. I found it quite hard to see the answers at first but you get used to it and her eyese are better than mine. The revealer also tells you how many gems you'd earn for getting it right and you then get to select a couple of gems and press them into either your tiara, bracket or ring. First one to fill all their accessories up with gems wins.

There are also a few special cards which if you get you have to act out being a particular princess and the other players have to guess, if it's guessed then you both get the no of gems on the card.

We did have a small problem in that we hadn't actually seen 2 of the princess movies ( Mulan or Pocahontas) but we were clued up on all the others and managed to muddle through the ones we didn't know.

It's a pretty simple game but my daughter likes in a no likes playing it with her friends when they come round. She is prob nearing the top age for it, I would say 3- 7 as an age guide.
TOP 100 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 15 October 2013
I have two daughters aged three and six. Both enjoy Disney Princess themes; the
eldest is somewhat an expert with a shelf of well-read Disney Princess books and
a cupboard of (hand-me-down) Disney Princess costumes. My youngest daughter
just enjoys 'dressing-up' and 'playing-princesses' and in our house that's where the
problems start.

As other reviewers have mentioned, it's a relatively simple game that involves getting
the right answer to a question and obtaining jewels for your tiara, ring or bracelet, or
with a secret Princess card there's some very enjoyable acting to take part in.

In our house the problem is my eldest wants to play properly and the youngest just
wants to wear the jewellery. Whilst it's a good game for adults to join in with, I think
it would be best suited to a group of children who were of a similar age to get around
this conflict of interests.

There are lots of small parts (although the packing states it's not suitable for children
under three) and I found it best to clear an area before starting the game because it's
easy to lose the small jewels, especially if the children are wearing their Disney Princess
costumes (and especially if one child has a mini-tantrum because the other isn't playing
quite as the makers intended; not in my house obviously!)

So; good fun, if a little contrived, but very much enjoyed by my daughters for different
reasons.
Format: ToyVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This Disney Dazzling Princess game is basically a guessing/pretending game. Depending which card you draw, you have to either guess the princess from the clue on the card, or pretend to be one for others to guess who you are. Not an awful lot new about that. But the twist is that for each card you 'win' you get some jewels. You pop these into spaces on either your tiara, bracelet or ring. First to fill up all the spaces (there are 13 in total) wins the game. This of course makes it a great game for young girls. The age range on the box is 4+ but I'd say that 5 and up is more realistic as the rules are reasonably complicated for little ones. Our girl who has just turned 7 would still get some fun out of it too. Speaking as her dad, and perhaps a little selfishly, the game works best when her friends are round and they can all play at being princesses together. This is about the only limiting thing about the game - it's pretty much exclusively a game for two to four little girls really. While I HAVE sat with a tiara on my head to play it with her, I can't honestly say I found it exciting or enjoyable to do so! I suspect lots of little boys would refuse to play with their sister too. But if that doesn't put you off, there's plenty depth here, with 200 cards, and the important 'big heart' gem, which allows you to see hidden markings on the cards, as well as being the prize for the winner to pop into their tiara! Typical Disney quality too - ie, good for the money.
VINE VOICEon 5 December 2013
Format: ToyVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My 6 year old is a big fan of Disney Princesses and loves playing this game. Not only is it a fun game but you can play dress up too! The rules are simple, it doesn't take much setting up and it's one that holds my daughters concentration throughout. The only downside is that it's not really suitable for those who aren't up to speed on their Disney films & Disney Princess knowledge! I find the RRP of £19.00 a little high but would definitely recommend purchasing at around the £10.00 mark.