on 8 September 2002
EFL resource books are not cheap on a Chinese salary, but this one has proved itself an invaluable investment that I have dipped into again and again for my oral English classes. Even though limited access to a photocopier has prevented me from making as full use of the book as I would like, I have found lots of different ideas and activities that have captured the attention of my university-aged students in classes both large and small. The presentation is attractive and it brings the learning of English to life as a tool for discussion, rather than as an abstract chore.
on 24 February 2011
I brought a second hand copy so maybe a newer copy would have more up to date discussion ideas. The layout was good but I did feel I was reading something from the 70s.