"XX (20) Disc Collection" when it should be a 24 disc collection?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 18 Aug 2011 15:50:54 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 15 Nov 2011 03:59:06 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Aug 2011 02:12:47 BDT
J. P. Doran says:
Hi mate,

Just guessing here but perhaps the XX refers to the possibility that the number of disks in the set was unknown at the time of writing?

I haven't seen Amazon display numbers in Roman numerals before - I doubt they'll have started now...

Posted on 22 Aug 2011 02:18:40 BDT
Peter Joll says:
That explanation would make sense, however the "XX Disc Collection" is not something Amazon has written, it's is actually printed onto the box that houses the DVDs if you take a look at the product image. So the confusion lies in the box artwork (perhaps not finalised?) saying 20 discs, amazons description say 24 discs, and the fact that if it were all 6 volumes of the golden collection, it should be 24 discs...

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Aug 2011 02:27:11 BDT
J. P. Doran says:
Ah yes, sorry - I see...

I'd still be betting on my basic supposition though... I reckon the box artwork displayed is simply an unfinalised photoshop mock-up... I really can't see XX referring to 20... I think it's just a coincidence that XX=20 which is in the vicinity of how many discs are going to be in the set... 24 will be right...

Posted on 22 Aug 2011 03:28:01 BDT
Peter Joll says:
Perhaps you're right, at least I hope you are! The artwork had changed from a previous image to this one which meant I instantly assumed it was the final artwork. Guess only time will tell for sure...

Posted on 30 Aug 2011 16:49:40 BDT
Groovy John says:
Just ordered this box set, hoping for 24 discs (6x4) but look at the photo, seems to be 12 dvd cases within ?? or 11 plus a booklet ?

Posted on 13 Sep 2011 05:35:13 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Sep 2011 14:17:20 BDT
A.Viewer says:
Either way, I can't see this being good. It appears that they are either dropping the sixth collection, or it will only be available as part of this collection. I can't find any listing yet for a separate UK release (I hope I'm wrong). But either way it would seem pretty disgraceful.

I have all five, and spent 40 on Volume 1 alone. These sets always reawaken the dilema, as with TV series sets - it would have been better to hold off and not buy the individual sets, and yet if not enough fans bought the original releases, they would never all get released.

Edited to add that I now see Volume 6 has been released. Not sure why it didn't show up when I searched earlier. Anyway, this does seem like terrific value, but my point stands that, while I don't begrudge anyone the bargains of these sorts of collections, it is a little frustrating to those of us who kept the series being released. Still, at least they don't seem to have included "Exclusive Extras", which really is an insult on sets like The Complete M*A*S*H.

Posted on 13 Sep 2011 13:24:33 BDT
Dekoy says:
I think everybody is wrong on this one and it is in fact a 25 disc boxset, as if you look at the image, the picture inside the box is that of the "Bugs Bunny Halloween Special"disc.

Posted on 20 Dec 2013 04:55:42 GMT
cateran says:
If they say XX, I would demand they have the soundtracks in Latin.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  18 Aug 2011
Latest post:  20 Dec 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Looney Tunes - The Complete Golden Collection (Volumes 1-6) [DVD] [2011]
Looney Tunes - The Complete Golden Collection (Volumes 1-6) [DVD] [2011] by Bob Clampett (DVD - 2011)
3.5 out of 5 stars   (88)