Disappointment - what happened?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Oct 2008 11:55:57 BDT
M. O'Toole says:
I bought this book on pre-release in June, it was supposed to be dispatched to me on 14th October, and now it says it won't even be published until March of next year. I really hate when publishers do this - the books are great, but frustrating and irritating the peoiple who spend money on them is just stupid.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2008 14:12:51 GMT
Vivica says:
I totally agree; an explanation or apology from the publisher would be a welcome courtesy. it would be interesting to know whose deep pockets are being filled by advance orders which aren't despatched at the proper time. I'm happy to be mistaken if Amazon hasn't taken the funds yet. if it has can it please pay the interest earned on all the advance orders to Oxfam or Crisis at Christmas or the like? it would reduce my irritation level...

Posted on 18 Feb 2009 12:22:34 GMT
Liverstephen says:
We are now into Feb 09, and still no information on publication date. What is happening? Writers block, or publisher's mistakes?

Posted on 7 Mar 2009 19:53:41 GMT
Nathan says:
It's been released. Came out March 5. The Book Depository is selling it. Don't know why Amazon doesn't have it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  14 Oct 2008
Latest post:  7 Mar 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Thicker Than Water
Thicker Than Water (Perfect Paperback)
5.0 out of 5 stars   (22)