on 3 February 2012
This book really is great for students within disability studies and or geography of disabilities. It provides a clear introduction into disability and society. It looks at the various problems the built environment creates for people with disabilities by providing examples.

Each section has some questions realting to each part which is great for students.

What I felt was lacking was the range of disabilities that exist and therefore the problems that other disabilities face. Most of the book focuses on wheelchair users and sometimes people with sensory impairments. This is typical for a lot in disability which causes problems for other impairments (such as amputees and people with learning difficulties) as information regarding their needs is overlooked.
on 25 May 2015
I think that this book is perhaps better suited to my 8 year old, than myself. Granted, it was only brought as an introduction so I could evaluate how to frame my work. However, it is so basic I found it completely unhelpful for the intended use.