on 8 July 2013
This book has been a great find and was recommended by another assistant Manager in our company who has almost finished his L5, it is specifically helpful for L&M in Health and Social Care. I have used other books to underpin my findings and to research and respond appropriately to units but this one links directly to the actual questions in the NVQ and guides you through the issue. The book is well organised, separated into clear areas, colour coded and methodical in its approach. Information is easy to find, responses are clear and suggested activities and operational tasks are realistic - great for busy people who already have a lot on their plate.
on 6 June 2012
Personally was a bit dissappointed as the book covers more adult health and social care issues than children and young peoples services. It mainly covers the mandatory units and a few others but not all of them as nvq books used to. The areas it does cover are however clearly explained and gives ideas for reflection of your own practice.
on 6 June 2012
This book lays the mandatory sections out very well. Having started my first unit before the book came ,I wondered if i was on the right lines. reading the book showed I was and gave me other quidance i need to completed the unit.
The book was easy to read and covered may vital areas.
on 26 July 2015
This is the best book for this course. My book is severely weathered through constant use to the point I shall be repurchasing to use for future reference. The authors are absolutely brilliant to have considered students in this way. I would strongly recommend this book to everyone who wants to promote best practices in health and social care.
on 26 December 2012
I would expect more in a book of this type for the price, as very expensive.

It should also cover all the units.
on 8 November 2013
I would recommend this book to anyone studying for their Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social care, it is excellent, it explains all the questions and gives you the relevant information. Where I was struggling to understand the questions, because they are worded in a way they all seem similar, this book explains exactly what the differences are, brilliant.
on 30 July 2014
Good textbook to assist studying the Level 5 award. Plenty of exercises scattered throughout the book to aid understanding.
This is my book of choice for my learners
on 18 June 2012
Why would you produce a book that covers half a course!!!!

Really!!!!???

Only the mandatory units are covered in this book and for the price thats very annoying. When you read the back cover they dont mention this so when they say 'comprehensive support' they lie. Good job I don't do my job in the same way. I'd be sacked within the month.
on 29 October 2015
This book is the best to use if you are doing the level 5 health and social care management course, it explains all the basic principles. I teach this and will not allow a student on the course unless they have purchased it. It matches the health and social framework with detailed information.
on 1 June 2015
Very good book for anyone progressing onto their Level 5 qualification.