on 16 December 2011
On receiving this product, taking it out of the box, all of the components were present and correct (except for the tv out cable). Perfect condition, easy to use self explanatory menu screen, a two year old can use it with ease.Expandable memory up to 32GB via micro sd card, charge via usb cable from computer/laptop. Definately a product for people who love their music, films, ebooks etc....fits in back pocket, touch screen is not overly sensitive but works on first touch. I love this item, suits my needs and perfect for travelling long distances. Amazing little bit of tech, and for the 39.99 i paid for it, you are NEVER going to get a better mp3,4,5 player than this ANYWHERE!!!!
33 comments12 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 June 2012
Review of the Onda VX570 touch media player.

I had owned a Kubik Edge 8gb for about 2 years and was looking for something with a bigger screen, but still small enough to slip into my pocket. I figured a 4.3inch was about as large as you could go before it get too large to be easy to carry. I also wanted something cheap, but not cheap looking or feeling. A quick look on Amazon brought up a few models, but the Onda vx570 had the best reviews, so, after looking on YouTube, I decided to take the plunge and buy it.
It arrived within a few days of ordering it, which surprised me, as I was expecting it to take much longer. It came well packed and the box inside looked anything but cheap in appearance. On unpacking it I discovered that there was no plastic stand supplied, which I had seen on a YouTube review. It didn't bother me, as I figured I wouldn't use it much anyway.
Upon switching it on I was surprised how quickly the main menu appeared. It only took about a second. I was also surprised at how bright and clear the image was. After playing with the menu and sub-menus for a while, I was able to adjust the brightness of the screen and view the preloaded files.
When I tried to listen to a music file I found the earpiece supplied didn't work at all, and that fiddling with the plug to check that it was inserted properly resulted in the player shutting down completely. Fortunately, when I replaced them with my own there was no problem, and so the others went straight in the bin.
In my opinion, the music quality is excellent, and the player seems to organise the tracks very well. I had no trouble finding a particular song.
Loading and playing movies is equally good. This machine seems to play anything. I've loaded vob, avi, mp4 and flv files of various resolutions and it played them all faultlessly. With the Kubik Edge the image seem to jump, as if it was having to miss frames because it couldn't keep up. No such problem with the Onda. The playback was perfect. The image quality is also excellent - bright and clear, with excellent colours. Unlike the Kubik, I can use this player in bright daylight.
Viewing photos is equally good, although the player won't rotate the images automatically.
The radio seems to work well, (remember you have to have the earpiece plugged in) and I can read a book, although only in txt format. (pdf would have been nice.)
One great little feature is the power viewer. It shows a graph of how much power is being used and the voltage level, as well as how much battery time you have left. When the screen shuts down to save power, and you press the power button to reactivate it, you can see on the graph exactly how much power was saved. Nice touch and an impressive looking feature.
I've now inserted a 16Gb micro SD card for my ever-changing video files, and this works without any problems. I've had no problems accessing either the internal memory or the SD card from my netbook, it simply comes up as removable drives.
The only thing I wish is that it had Wi-Fi, so I could connect to the internet and watch TV or browse the net, but for £35 including postage, that would be too much to expect.
All in all, I have found the Onda vx570 to be an excellent media player, not at all cheap looking. It feels light, (to me this is good) well put together and solid. It's a pity it didn't come with a case, as I've found it impossible to buy one, so I've had to make my own. The only thing I don't know is how reliable it will be in the years to come. This player is no andriod driven tablet, but what it does, it does very well indeed.
on 15 December 2011
Excellet 'little' device, The HD screen alone is worth having this thing for.

The only problems i have found are that all instructions recived are in Chinese so first time round it can be a little tricky as you just have to fumble through and work it out, however it doesnt take long to get to grips with.
The only issue ive experienced is that some files wont play or view even tho the extention is the playable files list so just take not of the properties on files whioch do and dont work with the device.

Other than these small issues the device has been fantastic and allows much more freedom than most mp3players in term of what you can do directly on the device, and against other mp3/4/5 players this is an absolute bargin for wehat you get, and although the lightness of the product adds a slightly sheap feel all connection and functions are very robust.

All in all i would choose this over and i-pod any day given the similar level of functionality in media player terms and of course its price and the 720p screen.
33 comments7 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 January 2012
Upon arrival it came with all its components expect the tv out cable. I was surprised to see how fast it was and its ability to plays most media files, although you can add a codec pack so it will play any media. One downer was the manual was in Chinese, but thankfully the device was in english. I noticed on the instructions there was a chinese website of the product company and thanks to google chromes translation software i was able to download a driver package and a upgrade from 720p to 1080p formats and bluray formats.

Reason why i only give the device four stars is because if you knock it, it will freeze have a fit and shutdown, aside from that its all goooooooooood, a well worth purchase for a chinese import.
44 comments5 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 April 2012
this player is really good and useful and the battery lasted longer than i expected.
the headphones are not very loud so if you want a nice loud headphones for this device that work perfectly with the device
i suggest you to buy (Sony MDR-E 818 LP Headphones) which i use and i had them before i bought this device. i just have one question why didin't i recive a tv cable, i have only recieved the usb cable so is that for both usb and tv?
on 22 January 2012
this item is very easy to use and understand. the quilty of the video and photos are just outstanding as well.
on 4 August 2012
the delivery from kl deals was quick, and from china, took some time to figure out how to use it to its full advantage, ie... convert movies etc., to put on it, instructions were in chinese, sometimes it goes crazy and you need to reset it, I was frustrated with it at first, however now I have learned how to use it to the full, I can say...... the battery lasts ages,the sound and picture quality is great,the size of screen is fantastic, I can watch a movie on it, listen to music, podcasts, pictures, videos etc., the price was also rather good.

I am impressed with this and would def recommend it.... it does a lot and more for the price.
on 23 July 2012
This product was pretty much how I expected it after reading the reviews from this site.

Products small light and seems pretty sturdy.

Screen quality is not amazing and the button sensitivity is not the best, however the audio from headphones is good (not so much from speaker) and will play a lot of MP3s and Video files.

All in all happy with the product but could be better.

4 stars ****
on 6 May 2012
If you are looking for a robust MP3 player then look no further, whats more is its ability to play WAV and FLAC.
You could be sat listening to an extremely expensive stereo Hi-Fi setup and yet you have paid sub £50 for this amazing music player.
The quality is amazing for the price and if you have WAV or FLAC files and know what you are listening for you will be in 7th heaven.
on 16 May 2012
Initial impressions:

O.k., much of the workings of the device seem pretty intuitive, but since the (Chinese language) printed manual runs to some 34 pages, there must be stuff in there which it would be good to know.

One particular gripe is that the soft case/bag that comes with it is far too tight a fit. I can't even squeeze the VX570 Touch into the bag without it switching on, and getting it out again is a real struggle. The supplied earphones are, as expected, a bit of a joke. I have not yet tried the TV output, but while I was sort of expecting a micro HDMI socket, what is provided appears to be a 3.5 mm composite video socket. Still, I doubt I would ever want to use the TV output anyway.

I also note that there are firmware updates available at [...] . However, again the information there is in Chinese only, so I don't know how to carry out a firmware update.

With these omissions, what might well be a potential 5 star product deserves no more than 3.

I will be happy to upgrade that assessment if an English language manual and on site English language instructions for firmware upgrades, etc. are provided.

Update:

I found media files of all types cutting out after between a few seconds and a few minutes. This despite both power setting being at maximum duration and a full battery charge. I made preparations to return the VX570 Touch, but noting I had a few weeks in which to actually return it, and that no replacement was possible, only a refund, I tried a couple of resets. It now seems to play files without shutting down after short time. However, I have noticed the occasional stutter and skip during playback of FLAK files, so it may yet go back.