on 24 March 2009
A beautiful book of quality rather than quantity that concentrates on the subject matter (rather than padding out with endless chapters on choosing memory cards and the like, which is the downfall of many books). The use of different authors for each subject matter is an interesting touch. The images throughout the book are both beautiful, and yet achievable for (what I would expect to be) the 'target audience'. The examples used in the book clearly illustrate the technical and artistic points raised within the text.
My only gripe - and it's a fairly inconsequential one, directed at the editorial department as opposed to the authors, is that there are still a few rather pointless pages on the digital vs. film debate. Anyone not convinced by 2009 is not likely to buy this book - for the next edition, fill that space with some more shots!
I should say that the book is directed, as the cover implies, at the intermediate to expert photographer: I'd be very surprised though, if anyone who picked it up, did not get some valuable advice or inspiration. I am pleased that I bought it!
(As a complete aside, my seven-year-old flicked through the book and noticed that a lovely image of David Noton's is taken from the same cave location of one of the dramatic opening scenes of Narnia - Prince Caspian (page 46). Apparently Mr Noton is now the coolest 'tog ever.......)
on 1 December 2009
Good book, very good in fact. I liked the fact it was written by various photographers each of whom gave their own perspective on the subject. It is also primarily a book about photography not about cameras, which is becoming increasingly unusual nowadays. On the whole I'd definitely recommend it.

Just bare in mind these guys are good, in part, because they have the time to sit and wait for the right conditions and light, if necessary for days at a time. We mere mortals are unlikely to have the time or the commitment to do that.
on 9 May 2015
This is a great book for landscape photographers, written by top photographers and packed with useful tips and lovely photos. So why only 3 stars? Well it would be great if I could read more than a paragraph at any one session, because the print size is tiny. I have reasonable eyesight but it is just too difficult to read this book. The layout doesn't help either because the photos are dotted all over the place. So only 3 stars for a publication that could have bee so much better.
on 6 February 2010
This is a great book.

Beautiful pictures throughout with helpful insight into recreating the same effects. There are really useful 'handy tips' throughout it and it will definitely inspire you to go out and do loads of shooting.

Well worth the money - a lovely purchase for yourself or as a gift :)
on 17 March 2015
Really good. I bought this to expand my landscaspe techniques. Boy would I like an ND x10! One point, however, too many glorious photos using desired filter would probably put the keen ameture/beginner off, so maybe a few hand held photos would go along way for those.
on 27 May 2013
I am a reasonably competent photographer but wanted to know more about taking good landscapes. This book is full of good tips and advice for photographers of all abilities from beginners onwards. A great buy.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 31 January 2010
As soon as you open this book, you are confronted with fabulous photos - the kind you wish you could take. This book gives tis, techniques and some demonstrations to use your digital SLR to its full potential and also how to sharpen your Photoshop skills. Find interesting effects such as duotone, crating a monochrome from a colour shot and more besides. It's a book I shall return to more than a few times and I find it very useful.
on 21 November 2010
I love the stunning quality and the printing of the landscape photographs in this book. The details of these photos are very informative and the "tips" very useful. I also like the fact that this book is written by a variety of photographers with different views. The only reason I gave this book 4 out of 5 is because I found the printing rather small and those of us with poor eyesight would probably struggle to read it. Nevertheless a very nice book.
on 30 December 2010
This book is fantastic, it covers every thing that you need to know about Landscape photography in great detail. The images in the book are excellent and as it is written by more that one photographer you get lots of varied insight into different areas of Landscape photography. I can not fault this book I have now read it several times and each time I learn a little bit more.
on 4 March 2015
A wealth of useful information presented in an easily-digestible form, this book has something on virtually every page that inspires me to get out and try it. Its success is in making you believe you could re-create these beautiful pictures.