on 21 August 2009
I really like this book, it does exactly what it says on the cover. I have found it very helpful as everything is explained in an easy to understand language, with any technical details explained clearly. The chapters take you through start to finish. Covering set-up, lenses, focal ranges, understanding colour and all manner of other aspects, to help you get the best out of your digital camera and capture great photographs instead of snaps.
Ideal for anyone who wants to move on from an instant digital camera, but is concerned that using an SLR/interchangeable lense camera would be too complicated.
on 2 October 2009
I had borrowed "Digital Photography for Dummies" from my local libruary and kept renewing it for about 2 months. It got to the stage when I really wanted to add notes to the printed page so decided to purchase the book.

I had found it an excellent book for for someone like me starting out with a digital camera (Nikon D60.From my point of view the book went through all the building blocks that go into using a modern DSLR describing them in a language I understood. A real bonus was that the quality of the printed photographs was excellent.

The book touches on the fixing of some minor faults but does not go overboard. If I want to know something about Adobe Photoshop then I'll get a book on Adobe or go on to Utube first.
on 19 September 2010
Having an interest in photography but not really with much technical idea, I got this book hoping it would give me an insight into things like White Balance, Shutter Speed etc.

And that's exactly what it did, with good pictures and explanations of everything, this is a really good 'foundation' book for anyone interested in getting the best they can out of their photography skills. And a good reference book for those with a memory like a sieve (like me!) definitely worth a buy.
on 28 September 2009
Exactly what I was looking for. Explained all the basics - aperture, shutter speed, depth of field etc. how to manipulate an image in photoshop without going into hyperdetail and some worthwhile tips on how to capture a good photograph.
on 2 August 2009
This is a good book for the general principles of digital photography and image manipulation. it's well laid out and easy to follow. good for beginners or as a prompter for the more experienced.
on 25 January 2010
One of the best books on digital photography I have read. Clear easy to explanations and covers more than just the basics.
on 10 May 2011
an absolute gem for me, just what I wanted, easy to follow, excellent value for money. very help full, well pleased.
on 3 March 2012
This book provides a simple guide to taking a good picture. It uses simple language that can be understood by most and gives tips throughout on how to get the most from you camera and how to take a better picture. It also explains what features to look for in a digital camera if you are looking to by a new one and it goes through digital technology terms like pixels, optical/digital zoom. It explains as well how to get the best use out of pre programmed stuff on digital camera such as sport mode, landscape, portrait and also more detailed stuff like how to change aperture and shutter priority. All in all a good introduction to digital photography and a reference book that will either help you chose the right mode for the job or teach you to make the most out of your digital camera.
on 26 March 2014
Great book, very informative without being to technical. Better photos by the day. Family a little tired of seeing the camera in my hands.
on 12 May 2012
Having spent countless years with "wet film" the jump to digital photography did not produce the results I was looking for. Even understanding what makes good composition sharp images etc I expected too much from the camera. Purchasing this book and following the tips, guidance and instruction for creating the perfect digital image put me back on the road to enjoying my photography and creating images that I was happy with.