With a digital camera, a computer, and some photo–editing software, you can explore the unlimited creative opportunities of digital photography. Just think – no more film, no more film development costs, no more limitations of working only with what′s there. With digital photography, you have almost instant access to your photos, and with photo–editing software, you can easily clean up your photos and add special effects that used to be nearly impossible for the amateur photographer to achieve.
Digital Photography For Dummies, 4th Edition, is your introduction to the world of digital photography, whether you′re a beginner taking your first shot or an experienced photographer looking to try a new medium. In this newly revised edition, you′ll discover the following topics and more:
- Explore the different kinds of equipment – from cameras and computers to photo–editing software
- Understand the science behind digital photography, including resolution, aperture, shutter speeds, and f–stops
- Compose great shots, including how to light your subject
- Solve common photographic dilemmas – such as capturing a moving target and dealing with unfriendly lighting
- Edit your photos by sharpening them, removing red eye, and cropping them
- Display your photos in a variety of ways – on CD, on the Web, or in slide shows
- Top Ten lists on ways to improve your digital images, great ways to use your photos, and online resources all digital photographers should know about
Digital Photography For Dummies, 4th Edition, also comes with a CD that includes trial versions of popular photo–editing software, as well as some original photos taken by the author that you can use to experiment with.