Format: Paperback|Change

on 31 January 2012
I've had a chance to actually go through this book, I haven't put it down since I picked it up. It's packed with useful and practical information that will arm you in becoming a great modeler. It gets -1 star as there doesn't seem to be a way of getting access to the contents of the DVD (which is included in the hard copy). It's content however is definitely 5 star.
on 26 March 2015
While this book does not go into specific 3D modeling programs, it focuses on teaching you the principles, how to approach modeling, how to think about your work. Good supplement to a course about modeling with specific software. I would advise it to beginning modelers and maybe even to people on an intermediate level. I used it to refresh the basics, reminding me to try out different approaches besides the ones I tend to gravitate to.
on 6 February 2013
Having not long finished a degree course in animation and moving image I wish that I had found this book when it was first released. It is an excellent read and gives valuable information that everyone interested in modelling should read. I have been using modelling software for some time and was familiar with a lot of what the book had to say, but it was worth hearing it again and it is communicated in a very easy manor. My only gripe is the lack of download files that come with the hard copy of the book. I have looked on the publishers website and also throughout the book but can not find any link to the content.
on 7 February 2015
Great book might be me but I wish the videos covered character modelling
on 20 November 2015
Very informative and written in an easy to read way.
on 2 February 2015