Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 Dec 2010 22:01:11 GMT
Georgie Boy says:
Inception - Triple Play (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
Has anyone been able to download an iTunes digital copy? Everytime I visit the Warner Brothers site I'm forced to download iTunes which I already have and there is no visible means of downloading the film.

Posted on 26 Dec 2010 21:15:06 GMT
I have this problem too, what is actually happening is the Warner Bros "download on itunes" link actually takes you to the US iTunes site. Presumably you have the UK client installed like me, and so it demands you download the US client (which it shouldn't, this is definitely an error)

Posted on 26 Dec 2010 21:35:20 GMT
I have followed Warner Bros troubleshooting options which where no help at all, and have left a message with them explaining whats happening. I am told I will have a response within 5 days

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Dec 2010 00:36:02 GMT
Georgie Boy says:
Finally figured out. You log into iTunes click on 'redeem' then key in the redemtpion key that's on the leaflet. Don't know why the stupid leaflet can't just say that.

Posted on 28 Dec 2010 01:49:59 GMT
Heard back from Warner Bros, they recommend the same and this has worked for me. Straight from the email:

1 - Open iTunes
2 - Navigate to the iTunes Store
3 - Locate the "Redeem" link in the right side of the Storefront in the Quick Links panel
4 - Enter your Authorization Code
5 - If the files do not show up in your Download queue, click "Store" > "Check for Available Downloads"

Posted on 29 Dec 2010 15:44:31 GMT
no one wants a digital copy. I for one think it just takes up valuable space on the DVD disc. It's so easy to rip the DVD with a ripper and use Handbrake to make your own, DRM-free, higher quality than the digital copy from the DVD.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Dec 2010 18:03:20 GMT
Georgie Boy says:
I want digital copies for my mobile devices and I like to acquire them legally. These packs that contain a digital copy undoubtedly have the cost of providing the digital copy factored into the pricing. If you make your own copies in order to avoid paying for them then this is illegal and even more so if you give these or sell them to someone else. If you're intent on copyright violation then probably better not to talk about it in a public forum.

Posted on 29 Dec 2010 20:00:45 GMT
Lee Teasdale says:
Ive got it to start downloading by redeeming the code on itunes but it says its going to take 8hrs!!

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Dec 2010 09:25:41 GMT
PJ Boag says:
Why shoud it be different to rip a movie onto your hard drive/mobile device for your own personal use? It's deemed perfectly acceptable to do this with CDs. I feel as long as you own the original DVD and are not ripping it to distribute copies, making your own back-up should be no crime!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jan 2011 00:27:49 GMT
So you pay extra just so that you don't get caught out by an unenforced law? Do you eat mince pies on Christmas Day also? That's still technically illegal.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jun 2011 21:23:08 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 Jun 2011 21:23:30 BDT
Jade Johnson says:
or you buy a movie (with digital copy) in the UK and get to hear that your dutch iTunes account isn't allowed to register... Hey, what happened to the EU (free transfer of money, people and _goods_)? imo that's stealing ( and as the commercial says, it's against the law). I for one think that stealing from a thief however is justice.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  20 Dec 2010
Latest post:  29 Jun 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions