Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 18 Jan 2013 12:12:28 GMT
The Owl says:
Angel Exterminatus is the first book that BL are releasing in a new fashion.

BL will now issue all new Horus Heresy books in 3 editions:

Hardback (only available through BL - £20 and with exclusive artwork)

Trade Paperback (released 3 months after hardback - large paperback with fold out cover - waterstones have this in the shops now if you want to look at it)

Mass Market Paperback (released 6 months after hardback - exactly the same as all other HH titles and no bells and whistles)

Betrayer is the next title to be release in this fashion, although confusingly Amazon do currently have a listing for a Hardback version, but I highly doubt that BL have changed their exclusive release - but if they have thats fantastic (£20 is a little steep imo)

BL will also go back to the start of the series and re-release all books in the exclusive hardback format - available from BL or Games Workshop stores

Posted on 28 Jan 2013 17:22:00 GMT
Brian says:
How do we tell which is which? Do amazon list 'trade paperback' as simply 'paperback'? The release dates and cover picturess for Betrayer and Angel Exterminatus look like trade paperback and are a little more costly then the previous paperback releases.

Posted on 28 Jan 2013 19:14:05 GMT
The Owl says:
Amazon will list it as paperback (for trade) and the other as mass market paperback. If in doubt, the trade paperback will have a rrp of 12.99 and will always be released first whilst the mass market will have a rrp of around 6 and released last. Amazon usually have that little table below the price with the different formats which is handy - just hover your mouse over them and it pops up with details. Finally the last way to tell is by checking out the product dimensions as the trade one is bigger than the mass market.

Posted on 28 Jan 2013 19:17:13 GMT
The Owl says:
Amazon will list it as paperback (for trade) and the other as mass market paperback. If in doubt, the trade paperback will have a rrp of 12.99 and will always be released first whilst the mass market will have a rrp of around 6 and released last. Amazon usually have that little table below the price with the different formats which is handy - just hover your mouse over them and it pops up with details. Finally the last way to tell is by checking out the product dimensions as the trade one is bigger than the mass market.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jan 2013 19:20:15 GMT
Brian says:
Oh yeah! Great info, thank you that's exactly what I was after!

Now to go modify my orders as I'd accidentally pre-ordered some trade paperbacks which would just look rubbish with my other 19 odd heresy books. Cheers again!

Posted on 17 May 2013 18:35:38 BDT
Thank you! You have just saved me a shed load of money! Much appreciated!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  18 Jan 2013
Latest post:  17 May 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Angel Exterminatus (The Horus Heresy)
Angel Exterminatus (The Horus Heresy) by Graham McNeill (Paperback - 17 Jan 2013)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (18)