Shop now Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Shop Now Shop now

Differences between interior packaging of normal and special edition?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 May 2011 23:19:18 BDT
Mr. Geek says:
I was just wondering if someone could explain how the interior packaging of this regular edition of the series 5 boxset is laid out. I'm trying to decide whether to go for this edition or the limited edition steelbook.

I have managed to borrow a copy of the limited edition steelbook from a friend, and there's very little to recommend it over this version as far as I can see. I actually don't really like how the packaging is laid out, as the discs are overlapped slightly with one another in pairs, so you have to lift up disc one to get access to disc two and so on. I always think this could lead to discs being scratched more easily.

I have looked a lot online to find out whether this edition has the same internal packaging but cannot find any information. I would be grateful if someone could provide a quick description, or even a photo, or confirm whether it is the same as the steelbook layout. If it's exactly the same then I might opt for the steelbook just for the art cards, or if the packaging for this normal edition is better (more like the format they were using for the previous New Who boxsets) I might go for this one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on 17 May 2011 11:44:28 BDT
David says:
Hi Marc I have to say I prefer the packaging of the standard blu ray. You get a cardboard outer case showing the Dcotor and Amy surrounded by various monsters. The blu ray case is a standard armary style plastic case which holds each disk individually (much like the specials blu ray) which means you don't have to take one out to get to another disk. The sleve to the plastic case is designed to look like the Pandorica while the outer card case fits around it. So all in all a far better design and certainly more durable than the ltd edition. Hope this helps.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  5 May 2011
Latest post:  17 May 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions