Difference to last box set?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Dec 2011 15:14:29 GMT
Anyone know what the difference is between this and the other vol. 1 & 2 Blu-ray set? Are these the newer cuts as released in the US (which was called 'The Whole Bloody Affair'... which is NOT the upcoming Redux version, but has a few changes like gorier anime sequences and stuff)?

Are the same extras and stuff on this set as the previous release, and same audio codecs? Seeing as Amazon are shaped like my left nut when it comes to listing special features and technical specs, I'd REALLY appreciate it if a fellow consumer could fill me in. Thanks.

Posted on 21 Dec 2011 15:19:22 GMT
I have not been able to play these since they are region locked to B. (I live in the Americas, -bought it since the individual releases are region free-) but the box says these use DTS HD for audio. I hear the other box set uses LPCM.

Posted on 21 Dec 2011 17:35:32 GMT
Thanks... are there any special features listed on the packaging do you know, or are they the feature films only? Thanks, appreciate it.

Posted on 5 Jan 2012 13:42:18 GMT
El Barto says:
Just got this and the packaging mentions only a 5.1 DTS-HD Master audio, but that's not the full story. Just checked the discs and this is what you get:

KILL BILL VOL 1:

Audio:
5.1 LPCM, 5.1 Dolby Digital, 5.1 DTS-HD Master

Subtitles:
English for the hearing impaired

Bonus Features:
The making of Kill Bill
The "5, 6, 7, 8's" musical performances
Tarantino Trailers:
- Reservoir Dogs
- Pulp Fiction
- Jackie Brown
- Kill Bill, Vol. 1 Teaser
- Kill Bill, Vol. 1 Bootleg Trailer
- Kill Bill, Vol. 2 Teaser

KILL BILL VOL 2:

Audio:
5.1 LPCM, 5.1 Dolby Digital, 5.1 DTS-HD Master

Subtitles:
English for the hearing impaired

Bonus Features:
The making of Kill Bill Vol. 2
"Damoe" deleted scene
"Chingon" musical performance

So basically its the same boxset as before.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jan 2012 15:37:21 GMT
That is extremely helpful, thanks so much.

Posted on 25 Jan 2012 08:05:43 GMT
Shane says:
The addition of the DTS-HD Master is the difference between this and the previous boxset. This set also says Region B only, whereas the previous set was region free. So it's not the same boxset as before, but also not very different.

Posted on 8 Jun 2013 06:22:23 BDT
i'm looking for the japanese uncut version of the box set. Does anyone know if it exists on bluray in region B? The black and white sequences are in colour on my DVD set and the total running time is 251 minutes instead of 214 minutes as stated on twin pack listed here, regards, Bob.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  3 Dec 2011
Latest post:  8 Jun 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Kill Bill: Vol. 1 and 2 [Blu-ray]
Kill Bill: Vol. 1 and 2 [Blu-ray] by Uma Thurman (Blu-ray - 2011)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (78)