From the Back Cover
Led by renowned educator, Carole Palmer, an outstanding team of authors has assembled the most current, comprehensive resource on diet and nutrition in oral health. This indispensible resource highlights the breadth of nutrition's relevance while providing practical "hands-on" strategies for addressing oral health nutrition issues.
--This text refers to an alternate
- Comprehensive, broad coverage that encompasses all nutritional implications for dental practice.
- Life-span approach that details the basics of nutrition in health and disease, followed by detailed chapters on nutrition considerations from pediatrics to geriatrics.
- Unique! Clinical application that allows material to be applied to real-life situations.
- Case studies in each chapter that highlight the relevance of chapter principles to personal and patient health.
- Outlines, goals, objectives, and "relevancy to dentistry" sections within each chapter.
- Coverage of counseling skills.
- Complete coverage of current nutrition issues as they apply to oral health including: osteoporosis, oral bone health, infection and immunity, and herbal remedies.