Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.30

on 17 July 2012
Honestly, I found this book very hard to read in the beginning because it is written using stream-of-consciousness and this took some getting used too, it wasn't until I had read at least two chapters that I was able to make a real connection with her and that was only because Lee is not a stereotypical 'perfect' girl. She isn't supermodel skinny or extremely tall, she is completely average and she's okay with that because she knows not everyone in the world is 'perfect'. I have to admit that this is one of the only redeeming qualities of the book.

I enjoyed being in her world but can't help but be disappointed with how quickly she accepts everything and how quickly the story came to its conclusion. It is very hard to believe that she would have fallen in love with Ben without ever having spoken to him and this is something that is repeated within this genre time and time again. It is also hard to make an emotional connection with the characters because their backstory's are almost non existent and for me when a character died it resulted in me having no reaction to the event and honestly not minding if they would be around for the rest of the series.

Penelope has written a story that is completely about the intensity of love and how everything else pales in comparison but by focusing solely on the theme, the characters and their stories have been overlooked and even though it is somewhat unrealistic at times this is a fresh take on the vampire genre and I am looking forward to seeing what is in store for the rest of the series and the characters.
on 13 September 2011
Once I started reading this I could not put it down. A different and original take on this increasingly popular genre. I have already encouraged all my kindle friends to down load other very good novels by Penelope, and I will be strongly recommending this one as an entertaining read.
on 11 July 2012
This is the second book by Penelope Fletcher that I've read, the first one being Lunar Light, and I have to say that if I'd read this one first I wouldn't have read a second!

The style of writing in this book gave me a headache! The leading lady had no redeeming qualities and came across as self-centered and whiny. The only good thing about her, in my opinion, was the fact that she wasn't a "skinny minnie" and was described as actually having a figure.

I can't actually think of anything else to say except that I'm glad that I've finished it. So far, the score is:

Wendigo's - 1
Vampires - 0
on 9 April 2012
I very much enjoyed this quick jaunt through the initial romance of the two main characters. There is plenty of scope here for many more stories and I look forward to them. Another wonderful story, Highly Recommended.
To be blunt; I'm disappointed. I loved the first entry for THE BEAUTIFUL DAMNED, but the writing style is completely different and I couldn't get into it fully.

90% of the book is comprised of the heroine's scattered thoughts and observations, so it didn't work for me.
Also: I didn't buy the away she falls in love in the hero immediately - before she'd spoke to him.
on 4 January 2012
This book is one of the best little books that i have been lucky enough to come across
its just brilliant. if you want to read something that's easy going exciting and you can sort of tie into well give this ago
you wont be disappointed.
Try all of Penelopes' books awesome
hurry up with demon boy please
on 2 August 2013
I liked this so much because of the stream of consciousness narration. This style takes a while to get into but it is very raw, honest, and sexy. I loved that the female lead was not only geniunely strong and funny, but proud to be a sturdy woman with an appetite for carnal pleasure. It just read true. Ben is also an interesting take on the dark, brooding vampire lover.
on 22 January 2015
I read a lot and don't come across original ideas very often, so when I do I sit up and take note. I wasn't sure about reading a stream-of-consciousness book at all but, like Ella Minnow Pea, the way that the book is written ties in with and underlines what is happening - and is never-the-less easy to read. I won't be adding this to my list on Amazon of original books only because of the sex and my list includes childrens books.
on 28 February 2013
Penelope Fletcher is one of the most outstanding supernatural writers out there at the moment and Die my love is no exception to her display of literary prowess. MUST READ
on 1 August 2014
I really enjoyed this book and read it very quickly! I love the intensity of the feelings between Ben and Lee. I definitely want to read more about them!