- Hardcover: 192 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press; Revised edition (31 Jan. 1992)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521411653
- ISBN-13: 978-0521411653
- Product Dimensions: 15.6 x 1.4 x 23.4 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,282,919 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Dictionary of Russian Personal Names: With a Revised Guide to Stress and Morphology Hardcover – 31 Jan 1992
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"...marvelous browsing, not only for the pedant and know-all but also for Russophiles or anyone with a command of the Cyrillic alphabet and an interest in Russian culture or history. An invaluable reference." Edward Morgan, MultiCultural Review
"...it is not just the major surname listing that makes Benson's dictionary so valuable. It is the compact, critical information that accompanies it and the supplementary reference material, including a full bibliography--that round this publication off and make this dictionary a 'must ' for Russianists. It should also be adapted for sale in Russia itself." Slavic Review
This Dictionary has been compiled to meet the need for a reference work on the stress and morphology of Russian personal names. It indicates the stress of approximately 23,000 surnames and describes general rules that enable users to determine the stress shifts, and lists the most frequently used Russian given names and their principal diminutives.
Inside This Book(Learn More)