on 26 November 2014
Lamp is lightweight, well balanced. Switch is click-on click-off. Head rotates up/down to detent positions, and stays in position, not infinitely adjustable. The "two zone" lamp pattern has a bright centre spot, and a even wide ring. You always have both, can't switch between them. Practical and simple.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 20 October 2013
This is a very useful and capable work light, which can be both stood on a bench with its head angled to the right position to provide illumination, or hung from its clip.

It is also an excellent torch, and mine will be living in the car for emergencies and times when a torch would be priceless.

The light is very white and bright.

The battery life is astonishing.

Remarkable.

Recommended.
on 6 June 2015
I bought this cordless torch mainly because I had bought a Dewalt circular saw with one lithium battery.From past experience I felt I should make use of the battery more than I would do with the very occasional use of the circular saw. So I bought this item mainly as something to give the battery greater use.

Having bought it as a secondary consideration I am surprised at how much I use it. I have used hand held torches before but the ability to set it solidly down on the floor or bench and swivel the head to point it where I want it has proved most useful, far more than a hand held torch. I also use it as a hand held torch and its light is very powerful. You are advised not to look directly into the main beam.

I do not regret buying this cordless torch as it is proving very useful. It does not get five stars as i the bulb is not replaceablel.

John M
on 12 August 2013
I had an older Dewalt torch that came with a 14.4V cordless drill, but the batteries were on their way out, and a couple of drops meant I had no bulbs for it. After being unable to find new bulbs at a reasonable price, and just having bought a new XR cordless drill, I decided I might as well get one of these torches.
What a good investment! Any 18V XR battery will fit it (I also bought a 1.5Ah battery) including the massive 4Ah versions that came with the drill, and with a battery clipped in it stands up nicely.
The light is bright and reasonably well focused, and a metal loop means it can be hanged. The LED means that blown bulbs are a thing of the past - it should last a long time, but when it does go, I don't think it's replaceable.
The only slight niggle I have with it, is that the focus of the beam cannot be changed, but apart from that it is easy to use and nicely balanced in the hand.
on 9 August 2015
This is a great torch, it give a broad spread of light with an intense centre beam. The addition of a magnet might have been a great extra feature for some, but I guess with the tilting head and hook you could probably put it anywhere.
Haven't had any effect on a battery yet, I guess it's run time is longer than you would ever need from any battery.
on 29 August 2013
Brilliant little torch very useful .I bought as a bare unit as i have a dewalt drill from the XR range with the 4ah batteries the batteries last so long that
for the money for this bare unit i now have a use for the other battery in this handy little toolbox filler
on 26 July 2015
The light of my life, Oh no sorry dear that's you! With the 4Ah batteries that I have for my Dewalt drill/driver you could make toast with this torch, I find it handy as I always have my Dewalt drill batteries charged, (they don't loos their charge), and so when I need a torch I'm not chasing around looking for batteries that have some life left in them, or going to the shop to buy some that fit. It is not a heavy unit so when you attach your own battery the weight doesn't break your arm, and because of the contoured grip, and trigger like switch, fits comfortably in your hand. I believe it's a very good purchase and would recommend this to anyone that has not already seen the light!...Sorry couldn't resist!
on 30 April 2015
I BOUGHT THIS ITEM FROM TOOLSAVE THROUGH AMAZON.THE SWITCH WAS FAULTY AS THE TORCH LIT AND IMMEDIATELY WENT OUT..I CONTACTED TOOLSAVE AND AMAZON RESPONDED BY TELLING ME THERE WAS ONLY A THIRTY DAY GURANTEE TO CONTACT DEWALT,WHICH I DID.DEWALT'S PHONE OPERATOR GIVE ME A PHONENUMBER TO RING FOR POWERTOOL HUB DUBLIN 01753567055,
WHICH I WAS TOLD BY THE PHONE OPERATOR THAT THIS NUMBER DIDN'T EXIST.IM STUCK WITH A FAULTY EXPENSIVE TORCH THAT DOESN'T WORK FAULTY SWITCH
on 4 June 2016
such a light thing - thought it was a toy when i opened the box. waited for dark , pluged in the battery and WOW .. how the hell does a little bulb put out so much light !!

the beam is double with the centre cone being very very good , the outer cone is more than enough to see by - i now use this while working in locomotive engine rooms - thats when some one else hasnt borrowed it as there silly led light has run out ! perfect in confined spaces or out walking the dog (the range easily reached over the full length of my garden)
on 22 July 2016
I purchased the bare torch as I already have a drill with batteries that fit it, I put the two together and wow what a combination! the light is fantastic, it gives of a clear, sharp bright light which can then be hung up with the built in hanging bracket or stood on it's base, the head of the torch can be adjusted from being horizontal to vertical, another plus is that the battery can be recharged which then lasts a realy long time.
No need for hesitation on this one, just buy it! you won't regret it.