on 29 September 2014
Very pleased with the saw and the DE7 400 workstation which I bought with it. While it is not too heavy, having it on the mobile workstation makes it so manoeuvreable as I have a small workshop and do most cutting outside. Accurate cut and the supplied blade is great for ripping and cross cut, but I will get a finer blade for cutting laminates.
Easy to setup and understand how to use, even for someone who is using their first table saw. A bit noisy so use ear protectors. Bought at good price via Amazon and it arrived a day earlier than expected. Have built a sledge to go with it which I feel makes it both safer and more accurate for cross cutting.
5star value and quality for price.
on 26 September 2014
This is a very good saw and has some good points and some weak points. The good points are the micro adjusting fence guide, the push stick tool storage right in the fence. Very handy when you need it. Easy controls and good bevel and straight edge accuracy. The weak points are the lack of storage for the cross cutter slide. Would have been very easy to add an extra plastic home for this tool which is used (at least by me) once in a blue moon. The fence itself is a bit on the weak side, but you can always upgrade your fence but at this price, I expected a little better quality. Overall, really like the saw especially with the DE7400 workstation (bought separately).
on 14 March 2014
Ordered this saw from AHC power tools, was given a delivery date, and it was delivered a day early. Set up of the saw was easy enough and it really is value for money. Light enough to transport and powerful enough to cut timber with easy. A great piece of kit
on 22 October 2015
Got this saw as I read all the reviews was this saw or the bosch. Package arrived in perfect condition so I had no problems signing for it ( normally I would sign 'unchecked' if the packaging is in anything other than perfect condition. I opened the box everything seem ok until I tried moving the rack and pin ( the reason I choose this over the Bosch ) only to find the cog which operates the rack and pin was knocked behind the bar it moves ( see image ). It was stuck solid, as I need it for a job that day I had to loosen two screws to release the bar to move the cog back in place anyway to make a long story short I contacted Dewalt to see what they would say regarding the warranty. I received a very short response stating my warranty no longer fully covers the saw. My issue is not the warranty because I fixed the issue it's that a saw in this condition was allowed to leave the factory ( even the interior packaging was perfect so it could only have happened before it was boxed ). Is there any other issues with the saw ? If they have no quality control I wouldn't feel safe using anything from default sorry dewalt.
review image
on 3 March 2014
The saw has a good fence design. No need to worry about it being straight. Keep it lubricated, our knob broke because it turned to hard. The machine was surprisingly light, but did not seem to sacrifice in quality. I would buy it again.
on 8 February 2015
After debating whether to go for a contractor saw or a workshop table saw I decided to save half the price and half the space and go for the cheaper and small contractor saw.... And what I choice I made! This cut through 20mm solid oak boards like they where MDF! You can change the height of the blade and angle of the cut in seconds and the rack and pinion fence is a god send! Came 100% accurate out of the box! And is so easy to get the exact measurement cut. I'm so glad I picked this over a hefty workshop table saw, it's easily moveable, don't get me wrong it isn't light by no means but its not unmoveable. It's built well with the roll cage base to protect from drops and knocks. This is a 5 star product and would recommend to any site carpenter or workshop carpenter or just a hobby woodworker who has the money to splash out this amount on a table saw
on 6 September 2011
Setup was a little difficult and helpline couldn't answer all my questions. Build and design quality is not perfect in places, e.g. I was unable to adjust the table insert exactly as described in the manual, i.e. flush with the table bed. The guy on the helpline was stumped too. Considered sending it back, but it seems to cut fine despite the insert being imperfect. Once, I was pushing some wood through and the wood caught on the table at the back of the insert cavity, i.e. because the insert was below the table. Only happened once or twice, but annoying and potentially dangerous? Perhaps it is possible to make better inserts? Noisy but I think that is the case with all these type of motors. Another gripe is that I have to use pliers to tighten the wing nut on the crown guard when refitting it, so that it is tight enough to not slip. Should be easier that that. Have not fine adjusted this saw with a setup guage, so cannot comment on how easy or even if this is possible. Overall happy with the cuts I have made, but have concerns about quality of the saw itself. I'm reasonably confident to say this is a solid construction-site tool, but it is not a piece of precision engineeeing for the cabinet maker. Perhaps that is unfair, since precision engineering table saws are at least as twice as expensive as this one and this is a portable saw. I will be using this until I can afford a full blown workshop model, and in the meantime I'm sure it will perform well, despite the niggles. Easy to move around, weighs about 20kg which is like moving a heavy suitcase around.
0Comment27 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 February 2015
The best thing about this saw is the fence which is really easy to adjust and gives accurate parallel cuts every time.

The motor is quite noisy, but maybe no more so than similar saws and it`s very solidly built as you`d expect from a premium brand, although is still reasonably easy to carry around in terms of it`s weight and size. I read reviews before purchasing and was aware of it`s downsides beforehand, which include not having anywhere on-board to store the fence when not in use and not being able to make very narrow cuts with the blade guard in place. Using the unit on the floor, I also found that the on and off buttons aren`t the easiest to locate, but none of these gripes are a major problem. I haven`t used the piece that slides in a slot to produce mitre cuts etc as I have a mitre saw to do that, but it doesn`t look that effective, although again not an issue for me as I only bought the saw for ripping and for that purpose it`s perfect.
on 25 August 2015
This really is a great saw. I bought it for trimming solid wood flooring (along the planks) to fit the edge pieces. But since then i used it for loads of other things. I already have a good quality Makita Compound mitre, so really for long cuts, but perfect. Looked at the reviews which question its accuracy (saying its only good for ripping). My experience is it is very accurate. When i care I use the advice of the review which suggests ensuring you get to position and then ensure you turn back on it, but never had any problems.

I bought the cross-stand (DE7450) rather than the wheeled stand. Although arguably easier to move the wheeled one its nearly twice as much and actually this is easy to take down and move. Also extremely stable. I did go for getting some cotterless pins but it is really very stable without the bolts of pins in (but for safety).
on 23 December 2015
Set the saw up with the stand, which I purchased seperately, only to find that the end of the rear sliding arm for the rip guide was badly damaged causing it to only partially slide. There was no external damage to the packaging, but I did find that the box had obviously been opened and closed again, as there were holes where it had previously been stapled. Is this item being sent out again to customers after being returned? Highly annoying, given the weight and size of the item. It is a fair distance down my garden to my workshop and it was a struggle carrying it back up on my own, as I had no one to help me at the time. Due to the damage, I wanted to know if the machine actually worked, so plugged it in and started it up. This saw is ridiculously loud and in a way, I was glad it needed to be returned. Even with ear defenders I could not put up with that level of noise and I'm fairly sure my neighbours would have had something to say.
As a positive, the saw seemed to be very well designed, as does the stand, and as usual, Amazon had no problem collecting the saw and refunding the cost. I will try the 110v version in the hope that it won't be as loud. The only reason I went with the 240v version, was that the motor is 1750w, rather than 1300w on the 110v model. Also I could not find any reviews on the 110v version.
review image