on 17 November 2012
I don't understand why people have disregarded this movie so harshly! I finally got around watching it on Sky movies after avoiding watching it in the cinemas due to its very over-exaggerated, and its quiet unfair, bad reviews. The movie develops at a good pace without purposely over-stretching the story or characters background. Just as with Blair Witch, Evil Dead, The Exorcist, Paranormal Activity, Rec, and many other horror films, which all never really develop any real deep story lines or character backgrounds - The Devil Inside is no different! The film focuses dealing with the 3 main characters actions that develop by on ONE demonic event in the film. As this event gradually deepens, its here the film keeps its main focus, dealing with the characters actions based around situation throughout the film. The atmosphere is great with some disturbing creepy horror moments, with the live camera effect adding to its horror(its not over shaky too!). The acting is authentic and acted out well and quiet believable too: There is absolutely nothing wrong with the acting as some have unfairly commented or complained. If you can accept the acting in Blair Witch, Paranormal Activity, Insidious - You can certainly accept this!...The minimal used special effects are effective with a more 'real to life' approach, and for the better, with non of this OTT CGI, this allowing the movie to feel more horror like because of this. The story is decent enough with good pacing and climax, and if you can live with most horror movie stories, this is just as good. Overall an enjoyable horror film that is actually horror and not dependent on gore with some true jump-out-of-your-seat moments! It may have an opinionated climax ending but it's one that will keep you watching to the very end with some good development with scares and momentum along the way. As a low budget movie, this movie certainly doesn't feel that way, and one that has certainly has been strangely panned for doing a good job in making a good and atmospheric horror. Certainly worth a watch and if you liked horror like Blair Witch, Insidious(overrated), Paranormal Acrivity - This movie is on the same level!
on 13 May 2012
This film is bad on every level. But, what lets it down the most is the acting - I do not see how anyone can find a mokumentary horror film scary when they cannot believe in the characters.

It pains me to give any horror film only one star, but this film gives the genre absolutely nothing. The storyline is tired considering other exorcist films and the disturbing atmosphere often achieved through mockumentaries is non-existent.

This film makes The Rite look like The Exorcist!
on 2 June 2012
Damn it! I hate it when this happens. I was lured into this by the trailer and sat expecting a white knuckle ride. The only ride I got was the bus home; and at 10.45pm from the City, it was more frightening than what Id just watched. Save your money! Totally disjointed, bumbling and utterly boring. Even the actors looked as bored as I felt.
on 27 May 2012
I went to see this film in the first week it came out, to get maximum jumps with a room full of screaming people. As someone who found paranormal Activity and Insidious scary (the idea of something huge and invisible being in your house is a horrible thought!) this was a total let down, it had some scary moments but the build up didn't ever get there, to top it off the things they had her saying were just hilarious, the whole room was laughing instead of screaming when she's writhing round the table being possessed and that and she's shouting all this funny stuff- it wrecked the atmosphere.
Honestly the biggest jump this film gave me was when a dog jumped at the wall when the characters were walking past. It was interesting that they pulled religion and the Vatican into it, but it wasn't enough and the story just didn't get anywhere.
The ending could have had another scene of exorcism where they really pulled out the stops but they chose not to, the ending is actually one of the worst I've ever seen, it's like 'Oh. That's the end?'
on 13 June 2015
I don't know why people have rated this film so badly. I thought it was great. Kept my interest all the way through. Well filmed. Acting not bad at all. And different from other exorcism films Ive seen. If you're a supernatural horror fan then it's definately worth a watch!
on 5 June 2015
Not what I was expecting. I didn't read the synopsis as I prefer not to. Not so much 4/5 but 8/10 really, so I more than just like it but not quite up there with what I give top marks to.
It is definitely worth watching and owning if you are a horror fan and looking for something slightly different to the norm.
A little predictable in places but with the amount of films available to us these days, that's hardly surprising.

Really worth the gamble on my part having bought this at a sub £3 price.
on 28 January 2015
I love demonic possession movies. My favourite used to be zombie movies because they were so funny not scary. However, I prefer demons after watching the Paranormal Activity movies. This movie has some good genuinely scary moments in it. Well acted and brilliant effects!!! Anxiously waiting to see what happened at the end after the car crashed. I hope the demon survived for a sequel hahaha!!!! Blu-Ray brilliant as expected.
VINE VOICEon 21 October 2012
Most of the Amazon reviewers of this film are right - this film is pretty poor all round and is not worth watching. It is yet another exorcism film in a clapped out genre. Compared to recent similar movies like "The Rite" and "The Last Exorcism", this film isn't even in their league. "The Devil Inside" features some of the worst acting that I've seen in a film for many a year (especially from the two barely credible "priests"),a dated "Blair Witch" mockumentary format,a cliched plot and unimpressive special effects. This film is a low budget affair which is unconvincing and flat throughout and which provides no suspense or thrills. I'm surprised it even achieved a cinema release as it is a classic straight to DVD and straight to DVD shop bargain bin effort.
on 21 October 2013
The Devil Inside is a film that many people have slated, calling it poor, stating the ending as useless and also commenting on the characters.

I found that going into watching this film with all the negativity gave me a pleasant surprise.

I'm not going to sit here and say that The Devil Inside is the best exorcism film, the best found-footage film, or the best in a category of these two genres combined. But I do think that certain elements worked and that the way everything was presented to us in found-footage was interesting. How different the film may have looked if not in a documentary style would have been glamorised and over exaggerated and I think the simplistic element worked.
on 3 July 2012
I had to give this a star or it wouldn't go up as a review, but honestly - don't bother! I've tried three times to get something from this, and each time it just gets worse. Tedious, incomprehensible and only worth binning!