- Hardcover: 398 pages
- Publisher: Palgrave MacMillan (Aug. 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0312225326
- ISBN-13: 978-0312225322
- Product Dimensions: 22.1 x 14.1 x 2.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 8,325,947 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Developments in the European Union (Developments in Politics) Hardcover – Aug 1999
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Publisher
Contents: PART 1: INTRODUCTION
Reconciling Theory and Practice; L.Cram, D.Dinan & N.Nugent
PART 2: THE POLITICAL SYSTEM
The European Council and Council of Ministers; F.Hayes Renshaw
The Commission; L.Cram
The European Parliament; K.Neunreither
The Court of Justice and the Legal System; D.Wincott
Interests; S.Mazey & J.Richardson
PART 3: POLICIES AND POLICY OBJECTIVES
Creating a European Market; M.Calingaert
Promoting Solidarity and Cohesion; J.Mitchell & P.McAleavey
Environmental Policy; J.McCormick
Trade and Aid: The EU in the Global System; F.Laursen
The Common Foreign and Security Policy; M.Holland
Co-operation on Justice and Home Affairs Matters; E.Ucarer
PART 4: KEY ISSUES
Treaty Change in the European Union: The Amsterdam Experience; D.Dinan
The Political Synamics of Economic and Monetary Union; K.Featherstone
Democracy and the European Union; B.Laffan
PART 5: CONCLUSIONS
The Evolving European Union; L.Cram, D.Dinan & N.Nugent
Index --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
LAURA CRAM is Lecturer in Politics, University of Sheffield. DES DINAN is Associate Professor, Institute of Public Policy, George Mason University and Visiting Fellow, Netherlands Institute of International Relations, Clingendael, The Hague. NEILL NUGENT is Professor of Politics and Jean Monnet Professor of European Integration, Manchester Metropolitan University. --This text refers to an alternate Hardcover edition.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
In part 2 the political system of the EU is discussed in depth with references to recent changes and developments. Part 3 covers the main policy objectives of the Union (such as creating a European market or cohesion funds) while part 4 singles out important key issues (such as enlargement or European Monetary Union).
All in all this volume provides excellent and in-depth coverage of recent issues in the EU.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Business & Economic History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > International Economics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Law > International
- Books > History > Europe
- Books > History > World History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > International Institutions