The treasure basket and heuristic play approach is astoundingly simple; by offering natural and household objects to babies and toddlers you can make a profound impact on their learning capabilities, encouraging concentration, exploration and intellectual development.
Based on a wealth of research into how babies learn, Developing Play for the Under 3s shows how using this approach can transform the learning abilities of babies and toddlers. Featuring never before published, original interviews with the pioneer of the treasure basket and heuristic play, Elinor Goldschmied, this second edition includes:
- Accessible explanations of what babies think and do
- Links to child development and learning progress
- A new chapter on supporting the learning of two and three year olds
- Links to the EYFS outcomes
- Research evidence supported by case studies
- Resource ideas and activities for use in the nursery or at home
Anita M. Hughes uses her own personal experience of working with the under 3s to guide readers through the benefits of the treasure basket and heuristic play. With clear and practical guidelines, this book is indispensible for anyone involved in the care of children in this age group wishing to create rich learning experiences.