Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 Nov 2010 11:14:20 GMT
I hope this lives up to the standards of the first Deus Ex which is literally the greatest game EVER made. Invisible War was far below par.

Posted on 1 Dec 2010 13:27:31 GMT
As far as the trailers and the pre-hype hype (if that makes any sense) goes it certainly looks very promising. I don't think it will be hamstrung by the devlopment problems last time and will return to its 'core'. I've pre-ordered - the first time I've ever done so. Here's hoping its a blinder. The first one spun my head back on the pc so many years ago.

Posted on 9 Dec 2010 20:24:35 GMT
Ross says:
I never played either of the previous games, though from researching it I wish I had of. Still once i see gameplay i'm sure i'm going to buy it, it has brilliance written all over it.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Dec 2010 14:32:20 GMT
Malt Whisney says:
can't agree more Stephen,
original was totally original for me, the second fell so far i only played for 20 mins and left it
new one looks great, hope it plays as well as it looks though

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jan 2011 00:13:11 GMT
deus ex 1 is great and is really cheap, basically anywhere you look its gonna be under a tenner, and sometimes under a fiver, get it, you WILL NOT regret it

Posted on 19 Jan 2011 13:24:07 GMT
Svalbaard says:
Have to agree, IMHO Deus Ex is once of the greatest games ever produced simply becasuse of it's depth and atmosphere. DE2 was not a scratch on the original and I am desperately wanting this to be - but I fear that it is simply too far a reach for a developer under both time, quality, and expectational pressures to meet.

Posted on 12 Feb 2011 01:44:57 GMT
Psymantis says:
Deus Ex 2 isn't as good as the first but it's good as a standalone game. It suffers because it follows on from the first which had multiple different endings so was pretty difficult to try to merge them into one. It just had too much to live up too and was also developed to be released on console so the gameplay was made more console friendly No multiple ammo, only multitools instead of both multitools and lockpicks and an easier to manage inventory - one weapon, one slot not multiple slots for some are just some of the changes.

The thing is though if it was released first it could have been more successful because it's good but a step backwards from the genius of Deus Ex. Maybe making it a standalone game not following on from Deus Ex would have helped. If you can pick it up cheap I'd say give it a go after Deus Ex 1 (download a hi-res texture pack, it hasn't aged well) but approach the sequel knowing if it was as good as the original we wouldn't now be waiting for a prequel.

I think I'd have given them 9/10 for Deus Ex playing it at the time. Maybe 7/10 for Deus Ex 2 playing it after the first. 7/10 feels harsh though but I think it's probably fair.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Feb 2011 21:40:43 GMT
i agree, deus ex two was rubbish as a deus ex game, considering the excellence of the first, but if it wasnt related at all, as just a new game, it wouldnt have been so bad, though i disagree about what you said about it having aged well, might be just me but the graphics feel fine

Posted on 26 Feb 2011 13:41:52 GMT
A. Koch says:
my concern is,when is the release date? 8th of march is not confirmed yet...

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2011 02:57:31 GMT
8th of march is hardly any away, less than 2 weeks away.. if its not confirmed itll probably get delayed and given a real release date soon

Posted on 27 Feb 2011 16:12:46 GMT
A. Koch says:
one of the producers said in the last trailer "sometime in 2011" soooo yeah could be 4 weeks could be 6 months,who knows..

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Mar 2011 12:00:24 GMT
Amazon was saying a release date of 8th March 2011 on the website, but they've since removed it. Tho, the dispatch date on my preorder still say's 8th March
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  26 Nov 2010
Latest post:  3 Mar 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Sony PS3)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Sony PS3) by Square Enix (PlayStation 3)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (37)