- Paperback: 400 pages
- Publisher: Focal Press (7 Oct. 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 024081181X
- ISBN-13: 978-0240811819
- Product Dimensions: 18.8 x 2.5 x 24.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 951,909 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Design Essentials for the Motion Media Artist: A Practical Guide to Principles & Techniques Paperback – 7 Oct 2010
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
Angie studied Fine Art at Edinburgh College of Art (Heriot-Watt University) and has enjoyed a successful, fourteen year career as a Motion Graphic artist producing animation, visual effects and motion graphics for companies such as the BBC and Channel 4 television. She has worked on music videos and films with several renowned directors such as Chris Cunningham and John Williams.
She now runs her own business in the UK helping other creative professionals realize their goals. Angie has provided bespoke training and consultancy to companies including; BBC; Channel 4; Channel 5; Carlton; HTV; B Sky B; MTV.
"Today's software is so creative and seductive that it is easy to think that's all there is to creating engaging content. Angie Taylor's book shows the other side of the story: the visual techniques and design principles that underpin digital moving image making. In this comprehensive guide she has assembled a wealth of tips and exercises in topics such as drawing, composition and typography that will be required reading for all up-and-coming motion media artists."
- Birgitta Hosea, Artist and Course Director of MA Character Animation, Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, London.
About the Author
A freelance animator and digital filmmaker, Angie produces animations, motion graphics, and visual effects for production companies and broadcasters including the BBC and Channel 4 television in the UK.. An Adobe Certified Expert, and Apple Solutions Expert, she is active on the training circuit; providing corporate training for Adobe and Apple, and seminars at key industry events like NAB, SIGGRAPH, and IBC.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I really liked the sections on colour, typography and especially the section on composition which everyone in the industry should be familiar with but clearly are not. I'm sure this would fill in the gaps for people such as avid editors who have a purely technical background and would also inspire those who are creative technophobes to get stuck in with the computer packages today which frighten many with their complexity.
I have shown the book to my manager at Sky and he will be buying some copies for the post production dept to read. He was was also very impressed.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Production & Technology > Computers & Film
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Production & Technology > Direction & Production