Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.49

on 10 February 2013
Yet again Kathryn Casey delivers. A fantastic book. Read when I was holidaying in Tunisia. The book was so good I enjoyed it more than my holiday. Colton Pitonyak was a wannabe gangster who had a drug problem and no conscience. He also had an obsession with Jennifer who just wanted to be friends while he wanted more. Also the girl that he eventually hooked up with was a strange one who even helped cover up the murder instead of turning him in as most normal, decent human beings would. they ended up on the run from the authorities and cared not a jot for the carnage they had caused.
on 28 January 2014
This a well written informative book. I liked the format Kathryn Casey used. She introduced the victim and her family to you and then the murderer and his family. You got to know these people from childhood to adulthood. So when the murder occurs, even though you knew if was going to happen, you are so shocked. Her descriptions of the horror of what drugs can do to a person is graphic. The ensuing court case and the effect on the victim’s family is heart breaking. The machinations of what goes on in private between the defence lawyers and the judge is an eye opener.
on 20 June 2014
This is the fourth book I've bought now by this author and for me the best by miles. The others have had mistakes in which lost them stars for me but I only spotted one in this book right at the end almost where she mentions people leaving court including Laura where I'm sure she meant Lauren !! Also, she for some reason always wrote website as Web site....
It was also the saddest one of hers I'd read-it was a lot more personal than her others I'd seen. You really got to know Jennifer and like her too despite some of the dubious choices she made in life at times. Then don't we all ?? It was so awful she was finally getting things sorted out and had landed that terrific new job (and also her new boss of one day, Bill, deserved a HUGE pat on the back for his concern for her-he clearly saw potential in his new employee and went to a lot of trouble to see what the matter was).
Once again it's pretty shocking to read of indulged rich kids who end up killing others, clearly under the apprehension that their parents will buy their way out of any trouble because they have before.
I loved the way the author got so much into the timeline on the crucial day and could let us know JUST what all the people featured were doing at the time, mostly thanks to modern technology which is such a boon to crime detection these days. I really liked Jim.....he was a smashing guy and he was tasked with imparting a lot of very terrible things to Sharon, bless him. I really felt for him.
I felt Laura got off pretty lightly in the end, really. She was a nasty piece of work for sure. I found it shocking she was allowed to return to school after being mixed up in Jennifer's death !!
Despite the sad story there were still the odd lighthearted moments in the book that made me smile.
Something that was mentioned late on in the book about Pitonyak's blood here, there and everywhere was odd as it was never mentioned before and I thought it pretty pertinent to the end result of what happened to Jennifer and the whole case itself.
Jennifer's mum did a lovely thing in creating the foundation in her name to counsel jurors. In light of her huge loss that was a fantastic and very thoughtful thing to have done. I liked her. Let's hope her helping others in Jennifer's name goes some way to helping her heart heal.
on 9 November 2013
A very sad book that shows clearly the damage that senseless,evil murder does to the perpetrators as well as the victim and the families.I hope Jennifer Caves family find peace!
on 11 September 2014
As an Ann Rule fan this was the first book I have read by this author and I must say what an excellent read. The detail in the story was second to none, Kathryn Casey had really done her research into the crime. Once I started the book I found it difficult to put down and would recommend this book to other true crime readers. A thoroughly good read just sorry for the victim and family that it's true.
on 11 December 2014
Couldnt finish this book. Got sick of the female murderer being over described time and time and time again. Just padding to add pages. I used to be a great Ann Rule fan having read probably about 6 of her books but like Casey it would appear that Ann too is padding out her books by describing every character in infinite detail to the point of becoming boring and losing the plot.
on 18 June 2013
A tragic and pointless crime that destroyed not only Jennifer Cave but also the lives of all who loved her. This book is factual and follows a clear countdown of all those involved lives and what led up to this horrific crime. I'm glad I read this book and got to know not just about the crime but about the victim Jennifer.
on 8 June 2013
Drink and drugs were a huge part of this story,but the killer had to have had a bad streak in him to even think about cutting into a dead body,why do that when Jennifer had already died,I hope the family can come to terms with the loss so they can all remember the good times more,,just so sad, Joy Page England
on 3 November 2013
This story could have been told in six or seven pages. It is ridiculously padded out, in order to make a book out of this sad true crime. I would recommend Wikipedia for those interested in getting to the facts of the case.
on 16 February 2014
This book turned out to be one of the saddest books I have ever read. It also high lights the need for zero tolerance against all drugs plus the absolute maximum penalty for even the smallest amount.