on 28 March 2013
This product is horrible!!! AVOID!!!
I bought my one 1.5 years ago. I love it because of it sound but hate it because of it's design. I am using it only in my office, never dropped it down or anything.
It is broken and cracked everywhere because of the regular usage. It has 12 cracks, The plastic is super week! For the last 3 month only the super-glue hold the item together, but now it is beyond fixing.
The headphone is built up from parts, but they dont replace individual parts apart from the ear buds.
I am super disappointed! I was thinking to get Bose or Aiaiai, but went for Denon because of the sound quality. It was a bad decision.

I am gonna write an complaint to Denon.
on 28 September 2011
I sent the first pair of these back because they were generating a weird noise when noise cancelling was turned on. The second pair exhibited the same behaviour after a couple of weeks. It turns out that they do this when the battery is low - mea culpa.

When they have a battery with a decent charge the sound is great - very balanced and not too bassy like some. Excellent noise cancelling with none of the hiss that you get from the Sennheisers that I've had in the past (PXC150 and PXC250). The "restorer" option on the switch seems to boost the very high range which I don't like, but the normal noise cancelling setting is fine. Without noise cancelling, they need to be driven quite hard so I don't think you're battery will last long on your ipod but they do sound good regardless.

They're very comfortable and don't produce any bumping or squeaking noises when you're walking. I don't think you could use them while jogging because they are quite large.

Overall, I'm very happy - just remember to change the battery!
on 17 October 2010
After travelling to the US with a pair of Senheisser PXC 250 II and being very pleased with their performance, I was somewhat disinterested in listening to other noise cancelling headphones.

However in NYC,I audtioned a pair of these at J&R and I was knocked out by them - so I travelled home with two pairs of headphones! On a 7 hour flight, the Denons were an absolute delight - very comfortable, absolutely NO background noise from the plane and a wonderful noise reproduction from my MP3 player and the in-flight movie soundtrack too.

There are not many purchases that have had me smiling so radiantly! A superb product that is well engineered and looks built to last.
on 19 November 2012
I bought these headphones just under 2 years ago. They worked as expected but after about a year the plastic started to fatigue. This is because the ear pieces have to be opened slightly wider than your head to get them on and the plastic compound used is too brittle to cope with this type of flexing. They have now completely broken. For the cost of the headphones I would have expected them to last longer. Denon provides a 2 year warranty, but you have to buy the product from an authorised dealer to get this warranty. This dealer is not authorised.
on 10 September 2013
Faced with the prospect of a 23 hour journey from London to Melbourne and after listening to a number of Boses and these at a duty free shop prior to boarding the plane, I settled on these. For the price, these were hands down better value. And they proved to be very comfortable on the ears over long periods. They've circled the globe several times and made arduous journeys a lot more bearable. But... a couple of years later and these are unusable because the rather cheap plastic (?) headband fractured in several places (rescued by gaffer tape) followed by the rotating 'arms' that hold the earpieces in place (unfixable). Very disappointing and frustrating indeed. And so now I'm reading as many reviews as possible in my search for a replacement set of headphones. Denon is not on my list!
on 25 June 2011
Two trips to Toronto, the Denon phones were great, used with my Ipod, for music and audio books. Case design, with folding phones, was very convenient and handy to carry in my back pack, and can hold several spare batteries for long flights. Only needed to change Duracell batterie once in two trips. Comfortable and slept for some time wearing the phones.
on 5 January 2013
I got a pair of these about 3 months ago and fully burnt by now. The best thing about this pair of headphone is the sound quality. It's very well balanced, you can even use it for monitoring. The detail is impressive, even better than some mid-range monitoring headphones. I tried bose qc15 from a friend of mine, and I can faithfully say the sound is much much better than the bose!However, the noise cancelling only works for a narrow range of frequency(about 100Hz to 300Hz I guess). Maybe the noise cancelling will work fine on plane, but to be honest they do a poor job on everyday life.
on 10 March 2011
Although they claim to cancel 99% of ambient noise these headphones have almost nil effect in cutting down external/background noise. Tried two different sets in case the first one was faulty. Might as wel have been wearing a pair of light ear mufflers. Very disappointing in view of the manufacturers claims. Pity, as they appear nicely made and fold down well to go in the carry case. Not a patch on the Bose QC15, where you do actually notice a difference (but still not quite convinced they are worth the price tag). Still waiting for a set of headphones that actually does make aeroplane and background noise truly (almost) unnoticeable....
on 3 March 2011
Received these earlier in the week and the second time I used them the left headphone produced a loud, intermittent, electric crackle - VERY disappointing. I am in the process of sending them back - with a heavy heart.
on 2 June 2014
I only got these 5 months ago and they have already broken! as now i have had to use loads of sellotape to make sure that the left earphone will actually stay on rather than being hung by its wire! Although as the sound quality is good the plastic holders for the earphone pieces are terrible