Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Jan 2011 22:29:35 GMT
Soundstage says:
Can anybody say what the difference is between the Standard edition & the Deluxe? Seems to have the same 11 tracks listed.

Posted on 1 Feb 2011 12:50:53 GMT
Nope, I'd really like to know this too, I can't see any discernible difference, not even a different cover aha.

Posted on 3 Feb 2011 01:08:05 GMT
Product info has been updated to note that it's a digipack in a special foil sleeve. Seems an expensive leap for a different cover.

Posted on 6 Feb 2011 10:40:54 GMT
SiCroy says:
If in a few years time if the limited editions are changing hands for more money you can feel smug about owning it. Other than that it's pointless unless you just want to look at it and go 'ooooohhhhh' which I will probably do.

Posted on 16 Feb 2011 15:59:00 GMT
fishwaver says:
The only thing is, old CDs, limited or not, are worth diddly these days.

Posted on 27 Feb 2011 14:02:37 GMT
P. Curran says:
The itunes version has three extra tracks that appear to be in video form!!
So maybe this has an extra dvd?

Posted on 28 Feb 2011 09:28:55 GMT
Is it not possible for someone from Amazon to come on and shed some light on this? If i don't find out more info about why this is the 'deluxe' item then in order to have the CD for Monday I'm more likely to buy it in a shop. Surely Amazon would want to avoid spreading confusion so it affects sales.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Mar 2011 21:48:07 GMT
SiCroy says:
Even Promenade by Divine Comedy? I got it for 12 quid, seems to be worth a bit more now though

Posted on 5 Mar 2011 16:01:18 GMT
A. Greenwood says:
I fell for the guff on the webpage about this being a deluxe edition and was surpised to find no extra content on the CD when it arrived. Wil be taking this up with amazon in due course!

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Mar 2011 17:23:50 GMT
joshfishkins says:
You've got it already? Mine has just been posted - have you received it already? It's not out till Monday!

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2011 13:53:10 GMT
vmc says:
Nope... looks just like the normal version to me.... mine doesn't even have the foil cover... contacted amazon for explanation as I might as well have bought the cheaper disc and not be 4 quid out of pocket..

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Mar 2011 12:32:45 GMT
M.J.Walker says:
Mine is exactly the same. As for foil cover, it's a bl**dy well hidden piece of foil if it's there! I'm convinced it's the basic CD not the Digipack version.

My Barcode is 6 02527 62329 0 - Can anyone who has a "Foil digipack CD" confirm that they have the same barcode, I'm really not convinced by this!

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Mar 2011 22:40:43 GMT
Not true - some CD's are almost as collectable (by value) as vinyl believe it or not, just depends how rare they are and who they're by!

Posted on 10 Mar 2011 14:02:26 GMT
There are three videos with the deluxe edition: Jesus Is A Rochdale, Dear Friends and The River.

Posted on 11 Mar 2011 12:45:13 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Mar 2011 12:49:19 GMT
I received mine (deluxe edition) and was expecting 3 videos on the disc. Nothing. Just the 11 tracks. This suggests the disc is the same whether you buy the deluxe version or not. Have I paid 3 for a bit of gold blocking on the cover? I'd really like some clarification on this - if there are no videos then I will be returning it as that was the sole reason for buying it. Message to Amazon - you need to be a lot clearer in your descriptions with items like this. It's easy to see from this discussion alone, how much confusion there is.

In response to the post above, mine appears to be a 'Digipack' as it has a piece of gold foil blocking on the front cover, yet my bar code is exactly the same - 6 02527 62329 0. It also has a 'lyric booklet' inside the front cover - I've no idea if this comes with the ordinary version as well?

So where the hell are my videos?

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Mar 2011 12:52:05 GMT
So where are these videos? There was only one disc with my copy and there are no videos on that.

Posted on 15 Mar 2011 14:52:11 GMT
F. J. Parres says:
yeah same here, no videos at all, my cd code is 2762329 i will check the normal edition code this afternoon :(

Posted on 15 Mar 2011 19:28:47 GMT
F. J. Parres says:
the normal edition have another cd code 2762328, but the cds are exactly the same :(

Posted on 15 Mar 2011 19:46:10 GMT
The CDs are clearly the same - the only difference is the packaging. The Deluxe version has a small piece of gold foil blocking on the cover - I'll leave you to decide if that's worth 3.

As for the videos, it's clear that people are getting mixed up between buying the CD and buying the music digitally. There are 2 versions on iTunes and the deluxe version (10.99 - so cheaper than the deluxe CD), includes videos for The River, Jesus is a Rochdale Girl and Dear Friends.

I think the way the CD has been marketed by the record company is poor and misleading and it ends up reflecting badly on elbow - who are a genuinely nice bunch of guys.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  19 Jan 2011
Latest post:  15 Mar 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Build A Rocket Boys! (Digipack)
Build A Rocket Boys! (Digipack) by elbow (Audio CD - 2011)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (157)