This is the first time I have bought a monitor. In the past I have made do with a TV monitor. Not good. Now that I have space to work, I decided to take the plunge and get a proper monitor. After doing a fair amount of research (not just googling "best monitor for a mac") I decided on Dell, in particularly U2414H. This monitor covers everything I need:
- 2 HDMI ports
- 2 Display ports (1 of these being a mini port too) I'm on a Macbook with a thunderbolt connection, mini-display cable plugs in and works, no need for an adapter.
- 4 port USB hub
- 1920 x 1080p (perfect as I'm work in video)
- Great colour control
- Screen size = Large 24inch
- Bezel = Tiny
There is so many great things about the monitor, I even connected my ps3, so I no longer need a TV. Perfect, more space.
2 things you should note:
- This monitor doesn't come with internal speaker. Don't be disappointed, I wasn't, as internal speakers are normally rubbish. Dell sell speakers for this monitor, AC511, which I have ordered. If they're any good I'll add my review for that product here as well.
- It was a little confusing to get it working, be patient. I had to fiddle around with the cables until it magically linked up. If you're on a mac, don't bother with the disc either. All it has is win drivers and what not. I haven't had to download any drivers to get it working on my mac, which is ace.
This is a great monitor and I would recommend it to any one on a mac who doesn't want to shell out for the thunderbolt display. To me, this is just as good and saves me a bundle! I will update my review if I have any problems.