on 16 December 2015
I have slightly mixed feelings about this machine. Now it is up and working it is great and does everything I want. Getting there though has been a bit of a struggle.

printer - I love the printer. Fast and quiet. It was also easy to set up. Just plug it into the router and all my computers found it no bother.

fax - It sends faxes no problem. Getting it to receive faxes was slightly problematic. With the default settings it would end the call before receiving a fax.I found that my setting the machine to answer after one ring it would work. Any more than that and it wouldnt. Looking on the internet this seems to be a well known problem. However now it is set it is working fine.

scanner - this is where i think it is slightly weak. The scanner is great (and also works in color). The resolution of the scans is great. The problem is getting the scans from the machine to your computer. There are two options. Firstly there is a desktop app you can install. This is simple to use but for multipage scans it returns one file per page (which are jpeg rather than pdf). I cant see any way of changing this. Alternatively you can scan to e-mail. This is much better. It gives you full control over the scan (single page/multipage, resolution, color, black/white etc etc) and also returns a multipage scan as a single pdf file. It also seemed pretty straightforward to set up. All you need is your SMTP gateway etc. HOwever I just couldnt get it to work. Eventually i had to pay an IT guy to fix it. Apparently there was some strange authentication issue between the scanner and e-mail server. This may have been a problem with the server rather than the scanner, however, the bottom line is unless you are IT savvy be prepared for the fact you might have to get someone to install it.

All in all, this is a quality machine and has no problem with the heavy use I give it. When it is finally working it is great.
on 3 October 2013
We ordered this to replace a 10 year old Brother machine and we are very pleased with it. The machine is rapid and performs all copying, printing, scanning and faxing duties really rapidly. It was also ridiculously easy to set up on our network (only took 5mins) and seems very intuitive to use.

See one answered question