Customer Discussions > Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) forum

Delivery Estimate 25th-26th April??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Apr 2008 17:45:27 BDT
Confusion people!!

I did order this a while back (2007 sometime) but surely they cant dispatch it before the release date......or can they??

Not that I would be complaining obviously but I'm planning a day off work so my flatmates dont get their hands on it first!!

Anyone have a similar delivery date??

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2008 18:22:39 BDT
Joel Stinton says:
yeah i got the same thing, same date, im really hoping it is the case, but many other retailers have been drawn up to an agreement to only sell it on the 29th, and hence dispatching on the28th.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2008 18:47:13 BDT
S. A. Watt says:
There was a big thread on here recently about this. Seems quite a few people have delivery dates before the 29th. Ordered mine june 07 and supposedly getting it this thursday (24th). Will be awesome if that's right. Soon find out.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2008 19:34:15 BDT
Thanks guys - I'm hoping they have so many units to dispatch that they're having to start a couple of days early to keep as many people happy as possible.

Fingers crossed we could be playin it this weekend!!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2008 19:34:33 BDT
I've got estimated date 24th-25th april, i ordered mine in march 07. Same day i ordered gt5 prologue but that didn't turn up when it should have.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2008 20:47:00 BDT
MrJones says:
I am pretty sure that they will not dispatch any games until the 28th for delivery 29th.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2008 18:00:23 BDT
L. Stasiulis says:
I also have the same date as you. I sure hope its true, but im not getting my hopes up... Has anyone tried emailing amazon and asking?

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2008 09:14:17 BDT
I have tried E-mailing them but they're pretty vague with thier response......I was wondering if I could update my order to express delivery and pay the extra to make sure I get it the day after dispatch. I didnt really get a 'yes' or a 'no', just an automated response about how my expected dispatch date may not be accurate and they may only dispatch on the 29th??

I'm still confused basically lol

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2008 09:20:54 BDT
Adam says:
If you preorder NOW, you will get del estimate of 29th/30th April!!

Amazon have had delivery of more than they expected :)

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2008 10:23:30 BDT
jromeo21uk says:
Get them to call you back using the Call Back feature in the Help section.

Help>Contact Us>Phone

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2008 11:40:18 BDT
Took your advice Romeo and used the Callback feature. (....talk about instant!!)..

The good people at amazon have updated my order to Express delivery and they can guarantee that I will receive it on release date. Probably would have got it anyway with 1st class mail but better to be safe and sorry. Its not every day a new GTA comes out. Tuesday seems an eternity away!

Bring it on!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  21 Apr 2008
Latest post:  24 Apr 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) by Rockstar (PlayStation 3)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (317)