Customer Discussions > Innuendo forum

"Delilah"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Jan 2010 17:29:50 GMT
Jikky says:
"Delilah" from the "Innuendo" album, is light-hearted and happy
song with well-composed music, with a catchy tune, about Freddie's favourite cat, hence the meouw-ing guitar. Roger didn't want it on the album, and Queen fans seem not to
like it, but this Queen fan is at a loss as to why. It's not the
first time Freddie wrote whimsical songs. It balances the heavyness of an album that's quite depressing in parts. Just why do they not like it much?

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jan 2011 09:39:03 GMT
I love Queen but Delilah is the the worst Queen recording I've ever heard by a long, long way. The miaowing guitar is probably the worst part of that!

Posted on 25 Aug 2011 14:53:49 BDT
P. Geritz says:
I think Delilah is a wonderful song. It's melodic, funny, playful and very 'Freddie'.

Posted on 7 Sep 2011 10:36:20 BDT
Bug DeLug says:
Certainly not my favourite Freddie composition but it offers some light relief on what is essentially, quite a dark album. Also, Freddie's voice breaks a little towards the end of the song and that always makes me a little sad. Not a classic but a nice nod back to the days when Queen would make more light-hearted fare in between the heavier stuff.

Posted on 7 Jun 2012 01:30:09 BDT
Delilah is a LOVELY little song. Back in my younger days when all I wanted was the heavy Queen, I would have despised it. Now older and maybe a bit wiser it is a happy catchy track which always brings a smile to my face.It is so fitting if adapted slightly to my partners (3 when I met her) Granddaughter. And I still tease her with it now she's 8 changing the words slightly from Delilah to Shaneeka

Posted on 17 Sep 2012 17:19:28 BDT
Phil On says:
I don't like it either-I think it's TOO silly. This said it's not the worst Queen song, for me the worse tracks are on A kind of magic (funelly enough this album holds the best and the worst imho): Don't lose your head, pain is so close to pleasure and One year of love. Just awful. Even Cool cat and Back chat are masterpieces compare to those.

So anyway, I don't see Delilah as an awful song but certainly not a great one either. If I want light-hearted, I go for Lazy on a sunday afternoon or seaside rendez-vous. Those are amazing.

Posted on 8 Feb 2015 16:36:58 GMT
david haslam says:
Dave says: Delilah and Body Language are the worst two song Queen ever wrote and recorded. I have every Queen track on my I Pod except those two. Awful.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Innuendo forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  22 Jan 2010
Latest post:  8 Feb 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Innuendo - Longbox
Innuendo - Longbox by Queen (Audio CD)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (99)