Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Oct 2009 14:36:16 BDT
Amy says:
I live in the U.S., and unlocked a code on my DVD player so it will play region 2 discs. I ordered this set, and most discs play fine, but there have been problems with a few freezing up. Does anyone know how to contact Universal U.K. customer service? I'd like to get these discs replaced. Or do you think Amazon U.K. would replace them? I would hate to have to send back the entire boxed set when it appaers that only a few discs are affected...

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2009 14:50:34 GMT
It's impossible to get a response if you don't provide the most valuable information. What's the brand and the model of your player? Maybe that's the problem....

Posted on 28 Nov 2009 20:53:15 GMT
Amy says:
Problem solved. Amazon U.K. replaced the boxed set. It was a bit of a hassle to return the set, but they reimbursed me for the shipping. New set works fine.

BTW George, since you were curious, the DVD player is a Zenith, made by LG. That was clearly NOT the problem, and there was nothing wrong with the information I provided...

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Mar 2010 14:47:19 BDT
I am considering purchasing this set. What discs were bad? I'd like to know incase I do purchase the set. Those discs would be the first I'd check.
Thanks for your time.
Jim

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Sep 2010 21:11:00 BDT
Amy says:
Hi James,

Sorry I'm just now responding, I haven't check in here in a while.

4 or 5 discs were defective, locking-up, and refusing to play. Unfortunately, the only ones I clearly remember doing so were the ones with SAILOR BEWARE, and PACK UP YOUR TROUBLES. Hope this helps!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  16 Oct 2009
Latest post:  5 Sep 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Laurel & Hardy - The Collection (21-disc Box Set) [DVD]
Laurel & Hardy - The Collection (21-disc Box Set) [DVD] by Stan Laurel (DVD - 2004)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (332)