Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Defective discs in this boxset...does this affect every pressing?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 31 Jan 2008 00:21:31 GMT
Last edited by the author on 31 Jan 2008 00:24:46 GMT
Tobias says:
These disc defects are not amazon's fault. They only sell the product. Sony are the one's at fault because they manufactured a defective boxset. It seems pretty clear that all or at least a large amount of pressings have the image break up and skipping problems...my set also suffers the same problem, and I bought it from HMV online, so we need to contact Sony and make sure they know how bad the situation is so that they can hopefully recall and replace this boxset with new pressings...unless they have already done this...

I have heard there are 2nd pressings of the discs, with V2 printed on the discs, whether this addresses the issue I don't know. We would have to ask Sony that. So please, anyone with this problem contact Sony. If we all do it then maybe they will listen. Afterall it is totally unfair for a defective boxset to be on sale like this! Thanks for listening.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Feb 2008 08:48:14 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 1 Apr 2008 11:05:22 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Feb 2008 11:49:22 GMT
SerenityO says:
I bought my complete boxset a few weeks ago and have just finished watching them all.
Some of the disks played fine but most of them skipped all over the place and one episode refused to play altogether.
I suppose you get what you pay for!
Don't let this put you off buying Dawsons creek seperatly - excellent series, and don't let this put you off the boxset, it's a great price if you dont mind arsing about with defective disks.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Apr 2008 11:11:53 BDT
I purchased this set in January of 2008. Although there is no "V2" printed on the discs, 33 of the 34 discs worked perfectly. The one disc that had problems (Season 6, Disc 5) had access problems when using the "Play All" feature - it would pause and sometimes completely stop between episodes. If you choose to watch the disc episode by episode, though - it works fine.

A very good buy at 77% off SRP.

Posted on 16 Feb 2012 07:40:24 GMT
I bought this product to weeks ago and I'm currently on disk 3 of season 2. I am really disappointed so far as every episode and frozon at some point and jumped back and forth thro the episode. It is a pain as u have to keep rew and forwarding thro the episodes and after a while it does get annoying. Its taking me almost an hour to watch the 45 min episoded due to this. That aside I didn't really watch this when I was a teen as I only seen a few episodes and never got in 2 it but I saw it on here for a great price and gave it a try and So far I love it. Its a great box set and deffo an amazing buy :) ( would recommend buying season seperatly though)

Posted on 19 May 2012 12:49:23 BDT
Karen says:
I'm really interested in buying the comlete set, but am a little apprehensive about the discs being defective and not playing properly. Other than sophie-louise has anyone else recently bought this set - say within the last six months - and have you had any problems with them?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  31 Jan 2008
Latest post:  19 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about